Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! ABS issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 04:12 PM
2nd Gear
Default Help! ABS issue

Ok, well I know there is an issue with ABS modules or something like that, wondering if thats what this is, or something I caused. We had our first snow on monday, and I went out to do some donuts and powerslides, just have some fun in lots. Yesterday, slid around a corner a bit, and ABS freaked out. The BRAKE light (for emergency brake) started flashing and the ABS light is on constantly. No ABS, wheels lock up. I parked it, let it sit for about 30 min, and started it, problem gone, ABS functions. This morning, started it, and it beeped, issue was back, same symptoms. No ABS. Drove to school anyways, because brakes still work. Started it to leave school, lights off. Pulled out of my spot, stopped in the line. As soon as I tuched the pedal to stop, beeped, and lights came back on. This is a vid of exactly what the car does. Any ideas?? Thanks for any help, Matt.

I know the CE lights on, its an 02 sensor. The squeaking sound is my wet shoe on the pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg32xJauTb8

Old 12-17-2008, 07:29 PM
1st Gear

I've got the same issue, intermittent loss of ABS. I did some research, found from some one, ModuleMaster. Run the "ABS Wizard", http://www.modulemaster.com/en/wizard/index.php , it may just be loose connector to the Abs module. Good luck

Old 12-17-2008, 10:23 PM
1st Gear

I had pretty much the same exact thing happen to me. At first I would just hear the beep at random times, then my lights started flashing and when I let the car sit and after a few drive cycles I did an emergency stop and no ABS. At times it seems like I had ABS and the lights would not come on but eventually at one point in the day the lights would come on to tell me I have no abs or if i slammed on the brakes the lights would come on.

I just got mine back from modulemaster and they do great work.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:17 AM

Also have the ABS and brake lights on. Think I'll send my ABS module off to modulemaster. Keep hearing good things about them. How long did the whole process take?

Old 12-18-2008, 06:35 AM
1st Gear

I sent the module through UPS Tuesday night just before they closed and it got there on Thursday morning using their 2nd day air. They worked on it Thursday and Friday then shipped my ABS module on Monday and i had it back by Wednesday evening. They need 2 days to fix our modules then they send it out. They also give you an invoice that shows you what was wrong with the module and what they did to correct it.

Mine have been on since summer and I decided I'll finally fix it and now its working perfectly.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:49 PM

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll give them a shot. Good to see another Chicagoan on here. Also heard there is a warranty as well as a discount for mentioning this site so how could I go wrong.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:38 PM
1st Gear

yep np. Same here, Yes 5 year warranty which yea how could you beat that. Probably best way is to set up an order now so everything is paid for and when its out of the car ship it this way they can start working on it and get your module back sooner.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:52 PM
2nd Gear

Hey, thanks guys! Great information! Im going to have to look into that. If you dont mind me asking Asianicestyles, about how much is it for them to fix the module. Its being intermittant now, was fine for about 10mins today, then while slowing down on an off ramp, lights and beeping.
I looked today for any loose conections, everything is tight.
This in a way makes me happy, means I didnt break it by playing in the snow
Im not from Chicago, but it is nice to hear from people who are less than 5 states away, lol. Thanks again!

Old 12-18-2008, 03:08 PM
1st Gear

Hey, np man. I paid $200 to fix the module and $15 for 3rd day fed ex so $215 total. Yeah I had the same thing and it simply got worse and lights were coming on more often. My problem was power loss the the ABS module. If you don't think the module is bad, when the lights are on hook up Vag-com and see if you can read any faults if at all. I could not even scan my module and I could not scan any of the other modules either until i pulled the abs fuse so that told me yeah my module isn't even operational. Ha yep you may not be, but you sure do have a nice car.

Old 12-18-2008, 04:47 PM
2nd Gear

Alright, sweet! I was expecting it to be higher. Thanks for the compliment!
ya ,I dont have vag com, but Im about 99% sure its electrical. Most of the time, the lights are on, but when they are off for very short periods, ABS works perfect.

Quick Reply: Help! ABS issue