Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, I am lost!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 12:42 PM
1st Gear
Default Help, I am lost!

I have a 1996 Audi A6 Quattro, it will start and run for 2 seconds and die instantly then sometimes it seems like its not getting spark. I have replaced coil packs, ignition module, plugs and wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, cam sensor, crank sensor, temp sensor, battery and even the damn ECU. I am lost and have no idea why it will not run. It has great compression on all cylinders and the car IS IN TIME! I am lost on words and have no idea what to do with it because I can not get it to run. I have checked all spark plugs and they arc like they're brand new and I have tested all the fuel injectors for fuel and they all are getting fuel and tested with a test light and they all work fine. Anyone know what else could cause this issue? I have also looked at every relay and fuse and still can't seem to find a issue. If anyone has any knowledge it would be appreciated! Fuel, spark and compression and it's in time! But will not start...

Old 02-02-2019, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

do you have Vag-Com? if you do post the codes. If not then get a scanner off amazon - $40.... To be honest when I read your post it reminded me of my son's VW Golf, I pulled my hair out over a very similar fault condition, after days of work and testing we gave in and took it to the dealership, - it was the crank position sensor....