Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help please !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Default help please !!!

i just got done detailing my car i moved itto the garage so i could wax it and now it wont start. when i turn the key everything lights up but all i hear is a ticking is it my battery or my starter? my car is sticking halfway out of the garage so i cant really leave it where it is please help@!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 01:41 PM

did you wash the engine compartment aswell? is yes then may be you might have soaked the coils, i will suggest you either wait for it to dry up or you take off the spark plug wires at the coil end and dry them up with a hair drier systematically ONE AFTER THE OTHER as you replace them. that may help. try manuvaring the battery terminals aswell. or your battery may have simply died cauz you had too many apliances on while detailing.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:01 PM
2nd Gear

x2 on battery might have died

Old 08-09-2008, 02:10 PM

you can determine that as such: observe the brightness of the red ignition lights on you dash as you try cranking, if the go deam , then your bat is faulty, if they stay bright then this DX is questionable. you did not mention the question of washing the engine compartment. did you or did you not?

Old 08-09-2008, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by kimi
you can determine that as such: observe the brightness of the red ignition lights on you dash as you try cranking, if the go deam , then your bat is faulty, if they stay bright then this DX is questionable. you did not mention the question of washing the engine compartment. did you or did you not?
no i didnt wash the engine compartment when i try and start it all i get is click click click click its not the alternator i dont think because its still drawing amps so im hoping its just the battery a simple 100$ fix

Old 08-09-2008, 02:53 PM

in that case your bat would be 1st as DX. i will suggest you put the car in neutral an push to where you can access the bat. then try jump starting it just to rule out before wild spending

Old 08-10-2008, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by kimi
in that case your bat would be 1st as DX. i will suggest you put the car in neutral an push to where you can access the bat. then try jump starting it just to rule out before wild spending
ijumped it and it started right up so i had to order a battery from the dealership about a 100 bucks not to bad. and it is the original batter from 1999 soi think it had a good life how bout u

Old 08-10-2008, 05:29 PM
1st Gear

If its clicking it sounds like it might be your starter

Old 08-11-2008, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by cbcustoms
If its clicking it sounds like it might be your starter
thats what i was thinking but if it was my starter would it start by being jumped. i also charged the battery and it started after that but the next day it wouldnt start so i just assumed battery