Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Help please.

i drive a 2000 A6 2.7t....i have a question about my drivers side rear window....it wont roll up or down period....with the drivers switch or the one on the rear pass door itself. it dosent to anythink actually...not noise or movment...its like its a dummy switch....I have a parts car so i changed out the motor and that did nothing...where should i look next? Thanks for your time

Old 04-04-2012, 07:47 PM
1st Gear

Not all that easy to find - the windows are not directly controlled by the switches, but by the Central Locking unit. Are there any codes thrown by that module?
You might try using the key in the driver's door lock to operate the windows - turn and hold in the unlock position and all the windows should go down. If the driver's rear goes down, the problem is in the switch side. If it doesn't but the other three do, it's in the motor side.
Jim

Old 04-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Certified

Check the wiring in the door jam. Did you check to see if you have power & ground at the motor?
Another thing is to make sure there is no water under the carpet in front of the drivers seat. There is 2" of foam under there. Just check it for the hell of it because your comfort module is located there in a black plastic box. I believe the window functions go through it.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:18 AM
1st Gear
Default sweet

thanks.. i willt check all those things this morning

Old 04-05-2012, 08:41 AM
1st Gear

ok....so the window does NOT go up with the key... all the others work but not the drivers rear.....i changed the motor with one that worked in the donor car.....still no dice....sorry if my ignorance is annoying...just tryin to diagnose this instead of takin it to the mechanic

Old 04-06-2012, 10:29 AM
1st Gear

Well, that narrows it down to the wiring to the motor (including the connectors), the motor (did you try putting 12V directly on it to make sure it works?) and the controller itself. You are to the point where you need to check with a multimeter to see if there's power out of the controller when you hit a switch or the key like you did, and if there is, trace it until it stops. If there isn't power out of the controller, that points to a problem there. I've never taken one apart, so I don't know if there's anything in there that's repairable (like with the EGT sensors) but if you can find one to swap temporarily that would tell you also.
Anyone know if swapping the controller takes any VAG-COM re-coding?
Jim

Old 04-07-2012, 08:24 AM
1st Gear
Default wow!

ive got to take the car to my mechanic to have some front end work done...ill have them check the window as well. i WAS HOPING TO SAVE TO CASH but its obvious this issue is above me....ill just fek somthing us worse....i DID notice that every control arm on the car is about shot....bushings all cracked and stuff....indy shop quoted me 1200$ to replace all 38 parts.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:16 AM
1st Gear

yip, a new/ different contol unit will need coding, unless the part numbers and serial match exactly. and there are updated coding tables in the manual.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:38 PM
3rd Gear

Could be that the switch is shot. Did you try using the switch from the passenger side?
Or that master switch is shot.