Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi there

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Default Hi there

Hi. I've been a lurker and have had an '04 3.0 Quattro for a few months. For the last few weekends I've been doing the back roads that I do every summer up in the mountains and I've realized that all the shifting and swaying it does. When I come out of a turn with elevation changes the car gets really ... "busy". I have to wait 'til the front settles, wait for the rear to settle, and then get on the gas. I traded my '02 Golf for the '04 A6 and there is a world of difference on back road driving. Granted, the A6 is what it is. No "rally car", but a family sedan. A whole lotta flexing going on. So I'm going to install H-Sport anti-sway kit to improve it somewhat.

What I was wondering is if there is a brand of Springs to lower it a bit with a fairly close rate to the stock springs. Or maybe progressive rate. A friend has a Maxima with Eiback (sp) and they are definitely too stiff for "family driving" on PA interstates. I wouldn't want to have an unconfortable ride when the wife and two children come along for a ride.... And a new set of shocks is out of the question. I've got plenty of places to dump that kindda dough....[8D]

One more thing. I haven't been able to find any posts on chips for the 3.0 engine. Any reason?
Another one. Any reputable shops in the Suburban Philadelphia area that know what they are doing?

Cheers and thanks for your help.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:01 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hi there

H&R Sport Springs are right up there!

[IMG]local://upfiles/13659/777B62C6C6DA4FF9AFA25BF6FDB36B1C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2007, 09:22 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hi there

The reason why you dont find any chips for a 3.0 is it is a naturally aspirated engine so the gains you would see are very small and not worth the money.

As for a shop id check the regional section for that, being from RI cant help ya