Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hi there, new to Audi Forums

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Default hi there, new to Audi Forums

hey guys im mindy, i just bought my Lovely A6, and im in looooove!!!!!
2000 2.7t A6 Blue with black, 6-speed 50k. but i was wondering what is coming up on my car, what should i have checked and what i should becareful for

Old 11-28-2007, 01:51 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: hi there, new to Audi Forums

Look around the forum, you should find everything you want to know about your A6 2.7. While driving, you might want to be exceptionally careful about the Turbos, as they can get damaged and are expensive to replace. A slow warm-up and cool-down, before and after the spirited drive is mandatory. Don't worry about what you should have checked, as you already have it parked in front of your house. However, you might want to take it to the dealer and ask for a through checkup. And most importantly, always have 2-3 grand handy, just in case you need to spend it on sudden expenses.

Congratulations, and good luck. Audis are amazing and better cars than Mercedes and Beamers,you will love it.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:54 PM
3rd Gear

It's so nice to have a womanjoin the forum. There's been way toomany testosterone fueled arguments. But we are passionate about our Audis, too.

Make sure you use a good synthetic oil, like Mobil1 5W-30, and change it every 6-8k. Your manual will tell you the preventive maintenance that is needed at 10k intervals. Start thinking about replacing the timing belt, water pump, pulleys at around 75-80k. Read through this forum about other members' problems so you know what to look for and what to avoid.

Good luck and enjoy your new wheels.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:45 PM
1st Gear

As a fellow newb, welcome and enjoy, but lets not forget about alias 747 ppgoal (at least I think its a girl). Anyway, concerning things to check, to add a few: ball joints and shocks, catalytic converters, axel CV boots, and like the others suggested have an Audi dealer or your local reputable foreign shop do a good once over.

Old 11-28-2007, 09:46 PM
1st Gear

wow, all of a sudden i see im a 1st gear member, that wasn't too hard, haha

Old 11-28-2007, 09:51 PM
1st Gear

Picture or Ban! lol of the car! and Welcom to the board...6spd for the win!!!1

Old 11-28-2007, 11:11 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: avantgradeA6

As a fellow newb, welcome and enjoy, but lets not forget about alias 747 ppgoal (at least I think its a girl). Anyway, concerning things to check, to add a few: ball joints and shocks, catalytic converters, axel CV boots, and like the others suggested have an Audi dealer or your local reputable foreign shop do a good once over.
alias747 is a girl? That's something.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:29 PM
1st Gear

I actually have no idea, I just assumed because of the picture, maybe it's a guy with a picture of a hot audi girl, maybe alias is the hot audi girl. I just check alias's profile, it's not a girl, just a guy with a picture of a hot audi girl, oh well

Old 12-05-2007, 09:12 PM
1st Gear

good luck with ur ride

Old 12-06-2007, 09:12 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: ppgoal

It's so nice to have a womanjoin the forum. There's been way toomany testosterone fueled arguments. But we are passionate about our Audis, too.

Make sure you use a good synthetic oil, like Mobil1 5W-30, and change it every 6-8k. Your manual will tell you the preventive maintenance that is needed at 10k intervals. Start thinking about replacing the timing belt, water pump, pulleys at around 75-80k. Read through this forum about other members' problems so you know what to look for and what to avoid.

Good luck and enjoy your new wheels.
LOL What do you mean by "testosterone fueled arguments"? [:@]Don't you mean lively opinionated discussions?[:-]

Good sugestions regular oil changes and timing belt etc. I also like the other comments - like keep 2-3 K around, and find a good mechanic. I'd guess that a good mechanic (not alwaysan Audidealer) is IMPERATIVE.

Quick Reply: hi there, new to Audi Forums