Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about these wheels for my 98 a6

Old 01-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Default How about these wheels for my 98 a6

I have a black a6, what do you guys think of these rims for it? think they are cheapos?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...3A1|240%3A1318

Old 01-05-2009, 09:14 PM
3rd Gear

They seem to be Chinese aftermarket wheels.

The company is Importzhone located in California:
28312 INDUSTRIAL BLVD #E, HAYWARD, CA 94545.
You can give them a call and ask if they are true alloys, steel, etc.

" Phone: 510.931.8818 (10a.m to 10p.m, inquiry only) "

Old 01-06-2009, 01:41 AM
Banned

ive never been a fan of black/gray wheels, i like the true look of the silvers and i dont know about these on an a6..

Old 01-06-2009, 07:04 PM

Well I called the guy today and he said they were alloys cast not forged and have a 1 yr warranty. So my questions is what do you guys think should i go for them or not? I also don't like the gray wheels they look gray in the pic and if they are I will just powder coat them black.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:32 PM
3rd Gear

Silence is an "answer" too, sometimes.

Probably nobody (else) gives a second thought about those wheels... price, "made in China", apprehension about "made in China" stuff, dissent for cheap stuff... who knows...

The guy has afterall 100% Positive Feedback and every customer seems to be happy (I'm pretty sure it's not a "forced feedback" issue here, since people leave it after receiving the merchandise). He has a legitimate business, as you can see you can trace his wearabouts; he even sells the wheels with a full 1 yr warranty.

I wish I knew more about custom rims, but unfortunately (or fortunately; depending on the perspective) I never fancied them. Can make a better use of the money on more important parts the car needs.

Anyway, the choice and decision are solely yours:
Forging uses intense heat and pressure to transform a [solid} slug of alloy material into the final shape of a wheel. Forged aluminium is about 300 per cent stronger than cast aluminium, yet less material is needed to produce the same "cast alloy wheel", which results in a lighter product. Because of the basic limitations inherent in forging, most forged wheels are two or three piece units. In two-piece construction, a centre is forged and welded or bolted into a spun or stamped outer rim. In a three-piece wheel, the centre is bolted to an inner and an outer rim half. This stands as an advantage of being easily customisable for a variety of widths and offsets.

Casting is a relatively inexpensive way to produce a high-quality, fairly strong alloy wheel. There are two methods used. One, system is known as gravity casting... whereby the molten material is poured into a mold and allowed to cool. These molds are usually made by machining a piece of material on CNC machine equipments to produce a wheel that only requires minor finishing (like drilling or possibly trimming of some excess metal) to be considered complete. The other and better system used is the low pressure or negative pressure casting. Here instead of pouring the molten material into the mould, the molten alloy is drawn up into the mould using a high-pressure vacuum. This eliminates much of the trapped air found in gravity casting process, producing a stronger wheel that is less porous than a gravity-cast one.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

ummm they look like factory rs4 rims

Old 01-06-2009, 10:50 PM

yeah i found some other ones just like them but they are oe replicas and only like $80 more so i'll be going with those thanks for the help tho!