Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do i remove panel to access 'Brake Pedal Switch'

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 07:22 PM
1st Gear
Default How do i remove panel to access 'Brake Pedal Switch'

Hey Guys

I'm getting an error from the brake pedal switch so i've got a replacement to install, but i have no idea how to access to the switch.

Its a '99 Avant and i can get into the drivers footwell but there is a black panel under there held by a couple of ratchet clips which also seems to be attached to the knee panel below the steering wheel.

Does the black panel come out on its own or do i have to remove the panel and the knee/lower dash panel too. If so i can see 2 8mm screws underneath and i removed one from the fuse panel to try and remove the knee panel but i couldn't pull it out.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Old 08-02-2009, 08:21 AM
2nd Gear

Remove the filler piece just above the steering wheel by pulling it straight back. This will reveal two screws holding the knee bolster. There are two more screws holding the knee bolster at the bottom and on either side of the bolster. Remove all four screws. Lift the knee bolster up and off the upper left tab (you'll see what I mean) then drop the bolster down. Remove the courtesy light by pushing it out then threading it back through the hole. Remove the OBD-II connecter by squeezing the long sides together. Remove the knee bolster straight back.

Bob

Old 08-02-2009, 12:57 PM
1st Gear

Thanks very much, although i also needed to remove a screw inside the Fuse panel making 5 in total. Worked a charm.