Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hunted car! Calling all audi a6 godz!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 02:47 PM
TCB
1st Gear
Talking Hunted car! Calling all audi a6 godz!

My car is posses i put the key to open the door and when i turn it right all windows go down when i turn it lefth all windows go up again first i tho it was cool ..... but then one day i click the remote to lock the doors and decide it to check if the door locked and it didnt so i locked it with the key but it still open (rest of the doors lock and unlock fine) so i close the door when inn thru the passenger door locked it manually pressing the lock down and finally it locked! so now i have to open back door put hand in and lock the front door thru there its becoming a pain .. im thinking and hoping its some bad wires hopefully not the door latchthat .. so i wanna open it and check it out.

but i cant find any guide on popping out where the window controllers are i try pressing the button under but it doesnt pop up i dont see any guide for my car .. or what to look for when i actually open it up and take a look...

answer me audi a6 godz! lol

Old 01-31-2012, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

What you are refering to is a convenience feature on these cars. If you turn and hold the key in the door lock, either in the lock or unlock position the windoes opening/closing is just what is supposed to happen. The key to this is DON'T hold the key in lock/unlock position if all you want to do is lock or unlock your doors. Just turn and release.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:11 PM
1st Gear

As twinturbo said - this is a convenience feature on the windows. If you forget to put them up or down when you shut off the car, you can put them all up or down from the driver's side door.

As far as the lock not going down, it is probably a control module in the door. The locks used to be vacuum controlled, and if there was a leak in the system the locks wouldn't work. I'm not sure what year they stopped using this setup, but I don't believe your 2003 is vacuum. My guess is the control module in the door.

If you have a vag-com, you could probably scan it and get more insight.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:12 AM
TCB
1st Gear

i though it was a fet i just didnt see it in the manual , i order the vag-com from ebay ($8bucks) il check it out there and see what happens.