Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love my new (to me) 03 2.7T A6!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:36 AM
1st Gear
Default I love my new (to me) 03 2.7T A6!!

Ever since getting my A6, I've been unable to sleep at night because I can't wait to get up and drive it! When I open the door to the garage and see it, I just grin from ear to ear. I am new to luxury cars, sort of. My wife does drive an 03 Volvo V70 and I did have a 1978 MB 200 when I was stationed in Germany in the mid 90's, but other than those two cars, it has been far from luxery.

The first car I drove regularly was an '83 AMC Eagle station wagon, then I got an 84 mustang convertible, next was the MB. When I got back to the states I bought a 95 S10, then we had a 2000 Altima, the year before they got cool. After my truck died I got a new (02) Sentra SpecV. It was nice for about a year then two things happened: first, I got into a wreck causing $11,500+ damage to the Sentra and second, my wife got the Volvo. Funny how her car budget was twice that of mine! Unfortunately, the Volvo is a lease.

Anyway, I seem to always be looking at cars and finally considered Audi. I wanted an A3 at first, but when the dropped the "we need a car big enough for 2 car seats" bomb, there went the A3. I found the A4 to be too small as well and therefore thought that I'd have to buy a Ford 500 or something similar since I never expected an Audi to fall into my budget, well, one w/a warranty anyway.

That all changed when I saw a beige A6. It was marked in my price range, but it was beige! I went on line and found a nice silver w/premium package at the next closest dealership. It was priced considerably higher, but doing research on edmunds.com made me confident they'd accept a much lower offer.

This past Sunday the fam went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park, so when we left, I had the wife go to the dealership that was close so I could take a quick look at the car.

It looked really clean and I told the salesman I'd be in touch. He wanted me to take it for a drive, but I pointed to my sleeping toddler in the back of the Volvo and said it was not in the cards.

I got home and put my car on Craigslist.By the next day 2 potential buyers contacted me. I contacted the first person interested and in two days he came down and purchased the car.

As soon as he left w/my former car, I was on my way to the dealership. I called the salesman and let him know. I should preface this by saying I called him on Monday w/an offer, which he accepted a half hour later over the phone.

So, after a test drive, a quick once over, and 1.5 hours of paperwork, I was on my way home w/my car.

Until this car, my Benz had been the smoothest car I'd ever driven. Now, I have a much nicer and even smoother ride.

This machine if friggin fantastic!

Now I gotta start saving for my next Audi, an A8L when my kid(s) are bigger!

Sorry for the long read, I am just so happy w/my car!!

Old 08-26-2006, 02:49 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I love my new (to me) 03 2.7T A6!!

Congratulations and welcome. Now to the fun part... modding. Tons to do to make these cars even more fun.

You may want to check out the "suggested reading" in my registry (see my sig for the link). In particular, Stoney's Links is a GREAT resource -- the ultimate A6 links list.

Happy motoring!

Old 08-26-2006, 03:01 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: I love my new (to me) 03 2.7T A6!!

Welcome to the forums! Always great to see another satisfied A6 owner!