Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Default I need your help!

[align=left]So, I'm new to this forum and pretty new to Audi's, but I have done my fair share of research. My buddy owns an 07 VW GTI and he got me into the whole Audi scene but anyways, I have been looking into buying the A6 2.7T or the B5 S4. Now im sure you guys here this question all the time and get sick of it, but in all honesty which would be the better choice?

I personally wanted the A6 more so, because I could find one with around 40,000 miles or less and have an extended warranty on it. Not to mention that I would also have Sport mode (I'm lookin at automatics/Tiptronics) and the car has very beautiful interior and looks very classy.

However, I do love the older body style of the S4 and of course having the name is a priviledge but I can only really find those with about 70,000+ miles on them and I'm only 19 ( I dont have cash to blow on repairs all the time due to high mileage)

Is there much other difference between the 2. I've heard the A6 is exactly the same regarding performance, suspension and everything given its an S-Line car.

For either I would plan on buying an APR chip and a GIAC Tiptronic chip for the transmission. This car will/should be lasting me for a good 4 years at least so this is why I ask. Thanks a lot and any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated.
[/align]

Old 06-01-2008, 01:42 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I need your help!

well ur gonna have to start dumping money into the a6 at about 75 k too and 35000miles is not alot to stretch for 4 yrs ... but anyway performancewise it is and s4 its obviouslygoing to handle accelerate stop better then the a6 ... personally s4s are too small and when u have an a6 thats fast its admired by all bc it is a larger car with the perfomance of a coupe!

if u have ppl in the back seat go with the a6

Old 06-01-2008, 11:11 PM
1st Gear

Well said Joetm! The A6 offers more room and is sexy! The S4 is more agile due to it's lighter body weight and narrower wheel base. It is also a good looking car. You will get looks with either car. Both fun cars to drive. Becareful w/ the older S4s...you may not be sure how the previous owner treated/drove the car. It comes down to a personal preference. I am a little older so I have difffernt demands. I would have loved to have had an S4 when I was younger. It' s your choice.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:13 AM

Thanks for the advice guys i appreciate it. I think im going to go try to test drive the A6 tomorrow at the dealership nearby because im probably going to go with that. By the way Joetm, if you dont mind me asking, what does your car run in the 1/4?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-02-2008, 12:31 PM
3rd Gear

My A6 gets 24 MPG. At $4.00 a gallon a quarter ($0.25) gets me about 1.5 miles.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:55 PM
2nd Gear

?? ill have to let u kno in a few weeks ... ill have my intercoolers in then ...

id suspect somewhere mid to high 12s

when i get my k04s in itll bea different story lol