Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I smell BS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:51 PM
1st Gear
Default I smell BS?

so i just got my car about a month ago and already have an issue with the AC, the econ button would not go out and there was no cold air, took it to the dealer i brought it from and they SAY a rock hit the condenser and i need a new AC condenser , they are quoting me at 1500 and that does not include labor, i am so PISSED, i just brought the car and it only has 33XXX on it and I forked out 1800 for taxes and NOW i have to pay 1500 for a broken condenser buy a F’in ROCK...how often does this happen? Does this price sound right? I just don’t get it, how can rock destroy the whole AC system, the tech says he will show me the hole and all if I don’t believe him….it seems shady to me as I did not have a great experience with the sale of the car and I am was hoping to trust the service at the dealer….it just seems weird…and the car is audi certified....[:@][:@]

Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I smell BS?

No warranty? What year is the car? If i was you i would call Audi USA directly and tell them you would make an issue with BBB and your Bank and u will make a whole mess [:'(]Just an idea
"If a baby does not cry, he does not suck on a tit"
Enrique

Old 06-05-2007, 09:14 PM

Wouldn't the factory warranty cover this? I've never seen a rock hit the condensor but I suppose it can happen.

If you really don't trust the dealer take it to an independant AC shop, the guys we deal with a very honest and straight forward.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:20 PM
1st Gear

its a 2004 A6 2.7t s line and it has 33XXX and yes I still have the reminder of the 50xxx warranty PLUS the Audi certified warranty when that runs out, i mean the weird thing is is that around 4:00 o'clock today we called for an update( as we took in at around 12pm) as we have not heard from them since then and he says yes i THINK this work will be under warranty so we were like SWEET because we weren't sure but a new condenser i thought yeah, THEN he calls us back around 5:30 or so and says yeah after looking at the parts needed this is not under the warranty and then gave us this “i have been doing this for 30 years **** and that you can come look at the damage the rock did if you don't trust me and I reputation I like to keep with my customers... How do i know if this is true or if they are using this rock story as a way for them to save money...it scares me..it does...i wish i had great knowledge in cars and i would do it my self, but i just don't have the skills to attack something like this...i just don't...it scares me that service dealers may take advantage of us when they can!

Old 06-05-2007, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

Call Audi of America and tell them exactly that. Tell them your scared to buy another Audi now because of their crappy warranty. I mean if they cant make a car that cant stop a little rock under NORMAL driving, Jesusthen what would long time use would do to your car, and then be like "I knew it! I should have bought a Honda! Im so screwed by Audi" hehehe Also tell them that the mechanic/parts clerk (whoever it was) was being fresh with you, he does not need to pull out his rank and years out because you have been a customer all your life and shouldnt be treated this way. Finito you will basically get ur A/C worked on or you will be screwed Also take it to some other dealer if you can, just keep chasing it, dont fork out the $1.5k for that, if you want I will only charge you $1k to work the phones in your favor and get u the work done under warranty, J/K lol, Good Luck Brotha, start hittin those phones.

Enrique

Old 06-05-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

hey thanks,
Yeah im going to call them and explain my situation, what do you think they could do? OOH it would be cool if they called and told them to do it under warranty or else...

Old 06-05-2007, 10:45 PM
3rd Gear

If it is a "Audi Certified" car, then it should be covered.

Really the only thing you can do, is get a copy of the warranty, READ IT & see if it excludes "acts of God" or certain systems. It should expressly state what is covered.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:49 PM
1st Gear

yeaaaa i know, i thought the same thing....of course I left the manual and book in the car so i couldn't look it up in the warranty book of what is covered, i mean i have two warranties on this car the original and the certified and they can't cover the condenser? Just seems shady....and they use the rock as there excuses out of the warranty? Not sure what is going on...I’m calling Audi of America first thing tomorrow!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:56 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SLINEA6

yeaaaa i know, i thought the same thing....of course I left the manual and book in the car so i couldn't look it up in the warranty book of what is covered, i mean i have two warranties on this car the original and the certified and they can't cover the condenser? Just seems shady....and they use the rock as there excuses out of the warranty? Not sure what is going on...I’m calling Audi of America first thing tomorrow!
You can also call another dealer & see what they say, if they tell you it's covered, just have them do it. Calling AOA, is just going to **** you off.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:10 PM
1st Gear

Dont get yourself pissed if you get poor customer service, their job is to deny the customer any money taken from their employer, AUDI. And for the dealer thing, any work they do under warranty is a bill passed unto Audi itself, so if you call Audi directly and they give you a Go Ahead then the dealer really shouldnt give a **** since is sure money going into their pockets. I had a 2002 Honda Civic with 2 months out of warranty and I needed the frame and screws of the drivers chair replaced because it was moving, and i basically called Honda and gave them a big fit, i told them i was going to crash because of it and that was gonna be in their conscience and they did it for free Just keep bitchign and you will probably get what you want. Also, if you absolutly cant get them to fix it, you can always call your Insurance company and get them to pay it, since it was an ACCIDENT on the road. Thats probably not the best idea tho, most likely your rate will go up.

Enrique

Quick Reply: I smell BS?