Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if anyone can help

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:52 PM
1st Gear
Default if anyone can help

well, over the weekend, I also recieved the ipod plug in unit.
I unplaug the power to besafe and realizing I don't have a code.
so my symphony stereo is locked.

I called dealer today, first one they tell me if they are not the orignal seller, they have to charge $100 for i and original dealer would have the 4 digit code stored.
then give me the number to audi usa customer service.
I called them up. after giving VIN etc. they tell me that place I called (huntington Audi) is the one.
so I called them back, they take my VIN, and make me wait for about 5 min,
they tell me that I need to bring the car in because they don't have 4digit code.
and they have to plug in the radio and send info to germany to get the code.
and still gonna charge me $100 buck to retrieve the code,

I would pay if I have to because I just spent $60 for the iPod connection unit that I can use stereo to control. and don't want that to go waste. and it will help in the future if I disconnect batt etc and need code again.

but is that they have to do to get the code?

Old 10-02-2007, 11:30 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: if anyone can help

unfortunately yes, if you have an owner’s manual the code might be in there. Also if you have the original leather binder with all the original manuals in it (welcome cd, tires card, radio manual) it will be in there. Although this is probably wrong (I can’t remember if this is a Volvo thing or Audi) in the spare tire well it can be found on the sticker in there, but don’t be surprised if I am completely wrong.