Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm being scammed!! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:24 PM
1st Gear
Default I'm being scammed!! Please help!

I have tried without success to resolve this via email. I am reaching out to the Audi community to appeal to a member of this board to do the right thing.

I was looking for some new rims and found these: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=120989

I offered $550 which he accepted and I sent a USPS money order immediately to him, since he wanted to get the wheels shipped ASAP. He has confirmed receipt of the money order, but did not commit to a shipping date. The MO arrived just after Christmas, so it is some weeks since then now. I gave a deadline for shipping a week ago, and it passed. I asked for shipping info this weekend and was given a date that was before he had emailed stating he would be getting them out the next day.

This got me concerned so I told him as much and asked for the shipping method and tracking number. He said it was Fedex and there was no tracking number, just delivery confirmation. This made me very worried (FedEx ALWAYS has a tracking number) so I told him to get a tracking number (assuming he still has wheels to send to me) immediately. He ignored this so a day later I told him I would take legal action if I do not hear from him within 24 hours.

The deadline has expired. He is making a grave mistake - this could cost him the original $550 plus at least the same in lawyer and court fees. I pointed this out to him.

PLEASE help me to convince him that he should do the right thing - he is just a kid that is making a bad judgement that will cost him dearly.

He has several aliases: audimotormouth, afstud6900 and most recently audiboia6. His real name is Jamie Schneider and he lives in Fond du Lac, WI. I don't want to slam the guy, but I mention his user names and real name to help prevent others from being duped.

I am a hard-working, single income father of 2 that has never ripped anyone off and doesn't deserve to be treated this way. Yes there are always two sides to the story, but I have stated the facts, all true and undeniable. I can't just write off $550 and move on - justice will be done if he choses that route.

Sorry for the book and I appreciate you taking the time to read this. I will continue to do all I can on this board to help folks out.

Hopefully I will receive a tracking number or some honest, straight talk about a refund.

Regards,
David

Old 01-19-2009, 07:10 PM
3rd Gear

Your easiest option would be to file a small claims court case. Here in Minneapolis, it's only 55.00 dollars to file. You would easily get your 550.00 back plus court costs.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Jeffla
Your easiest option would be to file a small claims court case. Here in Minneapolis, it's only 55.00 dollars to file. You would easily get your 550.00 back plus court costs.
Yes Jeff, i agree 100%. My attorney says it is a 'slam dunk' so it is the path I am taking. I'm trying to save the other guy from the hassle and expense, and get this crap behind me - that's why I am using this post as a last resort for people to talk sense into him.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:38 PM
2nd Gear

And that is the reason I use Paypal when buying from strangers.
Also I would NEVER pay with money orders because there is no recourse once the other party has cashed it.
It really sucks to be taken by someone from the forum, but it seems that the seller only has 5 posts and joined shortly before placing the ad, another red flag in my book.
Should we find him and beat him up?
I know people who know people...

Old 01-19-2009, 07:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by zippy_gg
Also I would NEVER pay with money orders because there is no recourse once the other party has cashed it.
It really sucks to be taken by someone from the forum, but it seems that the seller only has 5 posts and joined shortly before placing the ad, another red flag in my book.
+1 Always use paypal with someone you don't know, kiss that money good bye.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:54 PM
3rd Gear

I understand about wanting to give the kid a chance, the judgment against him will stay on his credit for 7 years and **** his credit. I had to take a kid to court in 02 for a car accident and just this year it drops off his credit. I have always felt a little bad for him. But at least now his credit should improve.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:00 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by zippy_gg
LOL! Just to be clear, he is a regular on the forum: afstud6900 and audiboia6 are the same guy. Watch out!

No money will be kissed goodbye - small claims courts are exactly for this kind of thing. Proving it is easy too: I have an email from him confirming receipt and USPS have a record of him cashing it.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:04 PM

Contact the post office to have them go after this guy for comitting fraud through the mail.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:52 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by loach1
I .....- he is just a kid that is making a bad judgement that will cost him dearly.

David
Well, if he's mature enough to drive (and an Audi, even...), then he's definitely as enough mature as to take judicial responsibility for his attempt to scam (until proven otherwise) people.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:02 AM
2nd Gear

You can sue him, win, but then you have to collect. WE can't do anything to help you. They kig screwed you and now you need to turn to the courts to help.

Been there, done that, too!

Bob

Quick Reply: I'm being scammed!! Please help!