Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake spacers...worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 11:29 PM
1st Gear
Default Intake spacers...worth it?

Are intake spacers worth the money? Newsouth or VAST? Is it a difficult install?

Old 06-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Intake spacers...worth it?

Not really IMO, it requires more effort than its worth i think.

Chipping, exhaust, and downpipes is what you should be doing.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:25 PM
2nd Gear

You should go to the chip and protecting your car I believe.. I have moved up in small steps in 3 months and I am 2-4k away from a full stage 3+ a6 ;p... I wouldn't mess with the intake other than filter/cut out the bottom of the box.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:47 PM
1st Gear

intake spacers are definitely worth it, fairly simple to install. If you want to talk about protecting your car, try lowering your intake temps I.E. Intake spacer

Old 06-14-2008, 12:19 AM
2nd Gear

^ I agree 100%, they ARE worth it and will lower the temperature.. I ahve had them on my car. had the shop isntal them (free) when they did the auxiliary water pump since itis undet the intake. Cars runs stronger too, in the mid range nayway it seems to me.
I have those, parts were only $75
http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?

Air Intake Power Gasket for VW and Audi
(NewSouth PN#: )
- Search By Car
[hr]

[blockquote]PowerGasket™ gives you up to 5% more power from your engine by reducing the temperature of the incoming air to your engine. NewSouth Performance has designed an insulating gasket that radically reduces the heat transfer from the cylinder head to the intake manifold. This gives you cooler, denser air for more horsepower and performance from your engine. Made from a high performance polymer, PowerGasket™ conducts on average less than 1/500th of the heat of the steel gasket that it replaces. Your intake manifold will stay 30-50° F cooler and your incoming air will stay 20-30° F cooler. PowerGasket Plus™ is a composite material that has a significantly higher continuous operating temperature than the original PowerGasket and does not require the application of any extra sealant.[/blockquote]

These fit your Your: 2004 A6 2.7T (C5)

Application
List
GMP
Retail
Your
Price
[/b]
Unit

[hr]

GAS009
Audi 2.7T Power Gasket Set: NewSouth Performance, LLC has extended PowerGasket Plus™ line to include the Audi 2.7T V6 engines (APB code) for Audi A4 (2000-2002), S4 (2000) and Allroad (2001-2005) In real-time, side-by-side testing, a PowerGasket Plus-equipped Audi S4 drag car had 30°F lower intake air temperatures than its identical counterpart. Using a composite material that is specifically designed for gasket applications, the PowerGasket Plus™ gives you up to 5% more power from your engine by reducing the temperature of the incoming air to your engine with an insulating gasket that radically reduces the heat transfer from the cylinder head to the intake manifold. This gives you cooler, denser air for more horsepower and performance from your engine. Cooler air, denser air, means more oxygen. Your engine sensors register these changes and will inject more fuel to give you more power. Cooler air also reduces detonation, so you can turn up the boost or advance your engine timing for even more performance gains. PowerGasket™ has been designed for affordability, easy installation and no disruption to your manifold attachment and engine accessories. This means that you can simply swap your old intake manifold gasket for a PowerGasket. No buying longer bolts or installing multiple gaskets. In less than 2 hours, you will be enjoying a more powerful, better performing ride.
$75.00
$75.00
$71.25
Set of 2