Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone 3Gs in our A6's

Old 09-14-2009, 02:23 PM
1st Gear
Question iPhone 3Gs in our A6's

Does anyone know if there is a kit to wire into our older model A6's for iPhone functionality through the speakers?

I know bimmers have the DiceLink, which I'm gonna buy for my BMW 540i. This kit replaces the CD player in the trunk and gives a clean OEM retrofit for the iPhone. the music plays CD quality and mutes the music on incomming calls while charging the phone simultaneously.

Is there anything similar for Audi's?

Old 09-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Default someone please answer this dilemma

Originally Posted by madridlover
Does anyone know if there is a kit to wire into our older model A6's for iPhone functionality through the speakers?

I know bimmers have the DiceLink, which I'm gonna buy for my BMW 540i. This kit replaces the CD player in the trunk and gives a clean OEM retrofit for the iPhone. the music plays CD quality and mutes the music on incomming calls while charging the phone simultaneously.

Is there anything similar for Audi's?

I have a 2000 A6 4.2l non turbo. Has a really nice sounding stock radio/cd/tape

I use a cassette adapter to listen to my 3g iphone. I have a sealed box in the trunk with two pioneer 12 inch subwoofers to enhance the bass. that's all I have and people think I have an expensive system. Little do they know that these audi's come with tweeters in every door and the bottom speakers act like 4 mid ranges. all you need is bass and youre good. I spliced an rca plug to the little bass speaker in the trunk and it runs into the amp and this is where I'm getting my nice bass sound for my 1000w amp running two 12's

What I dont like is the cassette adapter. I have to wiggle it around to get a good contact. I was thinking about replacing the entire head unit, but dont want to lose the red display. Any good double din radios out there? with red lights and maybe a GPS navigation screen built in?

Old 09-15-2009, 01:11 AM
3rd Gear

careful with the dice adapters. Beware that the iphone 3.1 update has caused steering wheel controls and some other minor stuff to quit working.

I have a phatbox and use that for all my music, when I do need to connect my iphone, I use a cassette adapter. Used to have a dension icelink in the A6.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:25 PM
1st Gear

I have a dice IPod kit in my A6 but according to dice it will not allow the I phone to function as an I phone when attached to the kit but it will pay music and charge the I phone if you get the right cable.

Search this Thread