Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my A6 / new member

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 08:43 PM
1st Gear
Default Just got my A6 / new member

Hey i just got my A6 2001 2.7T Tiptronic dark blue / tan interior. Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

i had a few questions as well... my car has 64k miles on it and the service words came up. at around my mileage is there anything major that needs to be done? and can i just go to a local auto shop and have my maintenance done, or do Audi's require more specific assisstance from the dealership or something?

and my right sid break light burned out. is it easy to get to the tail light and change the bulb out myself?

the audi is a totally different car for me comming from a 98 Acura 3.0CL

if theres anything i might need to know just say so.

thanks

Old 09-07-2006, 12:18 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Just got my A6 / new member

Welcome.

Let me point you to some good reading and A6 resources... Go to my signature and click on the "My Registry Page" link. Scroll down to "Suggested Readings." There, you will find a bunch of good background info. You'll also find the official Audi maintenance schedule. And finally, you'll find a link to "Stoney's Links" -- the ultimate A6 resource. Go to this resource FIRST for EVERY question you have. If you don't find the answer there, you can then post a question. Do this and you will find yourself posting very few questions and getting great info.

Regarding local shop vs. Audi dealership... I'd suggest you do a search in the appropriate regional forum here and at www.audiworld.com and look for a good independent mechanic that specializes in Audis. If you can find one close to you that is recommended by the forum, you'll be able to save yourself some money.

Finally, do a search for the tail light. Should be some info on that somewhere.

Good luck.