Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On the Lighter Side

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:44 PM
3rd Gear
Smile On the Lighter Side

I’m now convinced that TT owners are daffy, not level headed like most A6 owners.

Yesterday morning it was 19 F as I drove on Rt 495 in Massachusetts. There was snow on the ground but the road was clear. I was doing about 75 MPH with traffic when this crazy guy in a convertible TT with the top down entered the highway. He was bundled in an overstuffed coat and had a stocking cap on his head. He looked like a kid in a snow suit ready to play but unable to move. I guess the only thing that saved him from being a complete idiot was that it wasn’t snowing. I was thinking that he made Audi owners look stupid.

Then I remembered the Old Days in NY when I drove the 2 liter Datsun 2000 to work in the winter. I had removed all the windows, except the windshield, and had just welded the roll bar into place so the top would not fit, so I left it off. I had a tonneau cover with a zipper down the center so the passenger side was protected. I clearly remember driving it in a heavy snow storm and the guys at the research center giving me a bunch of crap – so I guess the A6 people are more like the TT guy than I’d like to admit.

How daffy are you?

Old 01-07-2010, 09:52 PM
2nd Gear

That poor guy probably came out in the morning to 15 degree weather and his top had come down by itself over night. (like some back windows we know of). wouldn't that suck!

Old 01-09-2010, 05:24 PM
3rd Gear

As an A6 driver who also runs a Chrysler Crossfire roadster, I can tell you it is a convertible thing. Even though my baby sleeps through the winter, I've crossed the Mackinac Bridge in April, with snow on the ground, temps in the low 30s, and proceeded to drive top down to Sault St Marie at 90-100 mph. It's exhilerating and makes owning a sports car worthwhile.

One night I came back from a Union-Ferris State hockey game in Big Rapids, and over my wife's protests, dropped the top and lit a big victory stogey. What a great ride...seat and regular heaters going full blast all the way with the outer temp at 31o.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:36 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ppgoal
...I can tell you it is a convertible thing. Even though my baby sleeps through the winter, I've crossed the Mackinac Bridge in April, with snow on the ground, temps in the low 30s, and proceeded to drive top down to Sault St Marie at 90-100 mph. It's exhilerating and makes owning a sports car worthwhile.
Do you guys remember Jim Carey and Jeff Daniels and their icey faces arriving in Aspen on the kiddie motor bike?
I would definitely pass on such exiliration.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:03 AM
3rd Gear

I'm with Chefro -- I'm way beyond freezing my butt off (or nose) for a good time. My idea of a good time is a cold beer (or glass of wine with cheese) in front of a fireplace. If you insist the good time has to be in a vehicle, I'd say it was an autumn drive along the Kancamagus highway without the leaf peepers with a stop for a special Starbucks coffee.

FYI My son that has transplanted to Cali introduced me to a hot Quad venti white mocha, 7 pump, 5 raw, stirred, 140. I haven’t freeking clue what it means but it tastes great and gets my blood pumping.