Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lights out

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Default lights out

the outlined lights are out on the back of my 99. The one that lights up the lisense plate on the left side and then the rear fog on the right...but the rear fog on the rights doesnt even seem to have a light in it a no wireing....need help on if i can get a new fixure and wire it in and what lights to get. thanks

Old 07-19-2007, 12:12 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: lights out

Only one rear fog light is supposed to light up. My volvo had only one rear fog light as well (as they're supposed to be) and I modded it so both lit up. Everytime I turned them on people thought they were my brake lights. It really pisse* people off sometimes. If I turned them on going down the hwy people thought I was stopping or slowing down. I didn't see what the big deal was. I will not be doing it to my A6 for now.

Jeff

Old 07-19-2007, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

^^lol the imfamous missing right hand tailight...its weird audi designed it like taht...but yea its suppose to be like that....

Old 07-19-2007, 09:41 PM

Actually, that's the way they're designed - they function as high-visibility fog or heavy weather lights. The reason they are designed with just one light has already been revealed in this thread; they are mistaken as brake lights if there are two, bilaterally. American police officers are also trained to respond if they see brake lights running solid on a car - it's the widely-accepted signal of a potential car-jack or kidnapping.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:57 AM

hmm i guess if there was one it might seem better to put it in the middle...i dont know