Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ln2 flashing and seat covers.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 05:31 PM
1st Gear
Talking ln2 flashing and seat covers.

Okay, my ln 2 has been flashing, I finally took it to Advance Auto parts and the only thing the guy could tell me was that it was a fuel leak or something along those lines. He asked me if I just got gas and I did. Well, the light is still flashing after having the codes read and letting the vapors settle. Any idea what it could mean? Do I have to go to a dealer? I really am trying to avoid that because its really far from me. Any ideas of what it could be?

Also, anyone know of a good place to get seat covers? My leather seats are beginning to wear and show signs of aging. The driver seat is starting to crack.

Thank yoU!

Old 10-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Senior Administrator

If I'm not mistaken, "in 2" literally means to take it in for it's "#2" service (whatever the #2 service is). Find someone with a Vag-Com, in your area (there's a thread from a ways back, where we asked eerreebody wif a vag-com to post up their contact info, so peeps cud ask 'em 4 help) If you can't find it, lemme know, and I'll employ my Ninja-Searchin skills and dig it up for you.

don't know about the seat covers. solly.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:07 PM
1st Gear
Red face

Okay, I'm horrible at finding anything on this site. I put in all different things and I get nothing on a list of people who have vag-com readers. There is a foreign car place near me but I'm not sure if I can just call and be like "Can you read my codes?" and not get charged a million dollars.

my ln2 in my manual said that if it flashes it means that there is a service that needs to be completed. Like, flashes 3 times it means oil change. More than 3 times gurrrl you screwed. Okay maybe I'm not screwed but it doesn't tell me what it means. I DON'T SPEAK FLUENT AUDI YET!! *thats me yelling at the car*

Thank you for any of your help/input.

*GO BLUE!*

Old 10-09-2011, 08:09 AM
2nd Gear

First step is to buy a chepy VASG-COM cable from eBay and download the free version of the software from RossTech then you can read the codes yourself. The cable is about $20. If you can't afford the $20, you have the wrong car.

I can read them for you if you bring the car to Ann Arbor during the day.

Let us know what you find.

Bob

Old 10-10-2011, 09:46 AM
1st Gear

There are a bunch of different ones on ebay. Any suggestions on what I am looking for? What it should say? Like this one USB OBD-II-2 KKL 409.1 OBD2 Cable VAG-COM for VW/AUDI | eBay vs. this one VAG-COM USB OBD-II Interface Cable | eBay

I don't really see a difference.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:30 PM
3rd Gear

this is the exact vag-com cable I have for my 00. So.....

Vag-Com USB Interface KKL 409.1 OBD2 OBD AUDI VW SEAT ~ | eBay

The software you will use : http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/download/index.html

Or PM me AFTER you get your cable and have it setup and I might be able to help you more with the software aspect.

Last edited by Jeffla; 10-10-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:48 PM
1st Gear

Okay, I'm ordering that cable tomorrow. New thing that I just noticed. A while back my head light on indicator light went out, I have no idea what it could be I chalked it up to a burned out bulb. I checked the fuse and it was fine. Today, my turn signal lights stopped working. I turned off the car and started it back up and they were back on. Oh and sometimes my radio hums. The faster I go the higher pitched the hum can be, but only sometimes.

Could I have an electrical short some where??