Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maintenance on 2005 A6

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Default Maintenance on 2005 A6

Well, I've gotten the oil change down!

Now I'm needing to do new spark plugs. I have some NGK's ordered. Dealer wanted 20.00 EACH for them... ouch. Any secrets to getting the sparkplug covers off and removing the plugs?

Also, I'm wanting to replace the cabin filter. I've seen stuff for 05 A4's, but not much information in the way of getting to the A6's cabin filters. Anybody know a decent source and price for these filters?

Brakes use DOT-5 fluid correct? Coolant uses G12 IIRC. I'll probably get the coolant at the dealer, just to make sure I'm using the correct stuff.

Has anybody seen issues with the A/C going from cold to HOT just while driving on the highway? We stop and restart the car and it is fine, but will occasionally do it again. Also, the trunk latch seems to always want to say the trunk isn't closed, even when it is.

How common are these? You guys seen this kind of stuff? We love our A6, but these issues are ANNOYING. And our A6 just rolled 51000 miles... what timing.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:39 PM
2nd Gear

The symptoms you are describing are just the beginning of the gamble called "owning an Audi".
“these issues are ANNOYING” –very pricy as well. Audis are well known as "Maintenance Hogs"
Make peace with yourself and welcome to the club...

One has 3 options here:

1.DIY- get tools, manuals, guides. Requires free time cancellation and mental inclination.
2. Get to know a place to handle the car completely.
3. Mixed option.
4. Sell the car, get a Japanese and the whole free time you have will be yours.

We all love our Audis but often enough is enough.
The earlier the better…