Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Malfunction Indicator Light on A6 Q

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Angry Malfunction Indicator Light on A6 Q

We have a 2008 A6Q. Audi gave us a $1500 rebate on buying this car new since we had repeated electrical problems with a previous 2006 A6Q. Unfortunately, we've had the '08 in the shop 7 times for repeated MIL illuminations until we got tired of all the inconveniences of taking it in to the dealership an hour away. At one point, the engine control module went out and they had to tow it to the dealership. The brakes were making a growling noise as well at the time we decided to park it and talk to an attorney. A lemon law suit is being brought as we speak. The guy at the dealership kept telling us we must be getting "bad gas" and that was a common problem in our area for Audi A6s (dealership is in Charleston, WV). If the gas is the problem, why is it specific to a certain car model? Doesn't that mean it's a problem with A6s? Anyway, anyone else out there with a similar story? If it is common to a particular car, is there class-action possibility? I don't like to be a troublemaker but want to solve this problem for Audi lovers everywhere. I've LOVED the feel of the drive in all our Audis, but I hate paying payments, taxes, license, etc on a car that is parked in our driveway while we struggle to arrange transportation with other vehicles.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:06 PM
1st Gear

I have been on enthusiast forums for many years and always object to disgruntled members trying to use it to prepare lawsuits. Get a lawyer, it's their job to do the dirty work, and please leave the forums to us folks that want to enjoy our cars.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:44 PM

I have a lawyer because I've been trying for over 4 years to enjoy our Audi. As I said, I LOVED the ride and features of our Audis. We even took over our son's when he purchaed his first Porsche. But I want to reach out to others to see if this IS a common problem among particular models and what if anything can be done to fix it. Or take legal steps if it is a rampant problem to get Audi to be serious about fixing it. I'm tired of being afraid to drive my beautiful car that is sitting in our driveway. I'm glad you've never been in my shoes...yet. Hope you never are. And if you are, I'm sure you'll remember your own words and never seek help or advice from this forum. You're only here to brag about the good points...well...let me tell you about the reliabiltiy of our Honda and our Nissan...

Old 07-07-2010, 05:51 PM
2nd Gear

Generally speaking - the car is too new to be an object of a forum's discussion.

Aren't there a general terms of warranty that in case of any 4 problems or 3 repetitive problems the car is a subject of return and/or reimbursement?

Or perhaps I'm too naive - these conditions are fact from the past..

Old 07-08-2010, 11:49 AM

Sorry if this is not the right forum to seek help and advice on newer vehicles. To answer quickly, we have tried to work with Audi and have requested a "buy-back" but they would not consider it. We have dealt with the same problem with this particular vehicle for over a year - 7 trips to the dealership - 2 of which involved their keeping the vehicle at least 2 weeks at a time. I was hoping someone out there might have had the same problem with MIL and some suggestions for what could be wrong. We are working with an attorney because we are at wit's end. And that is not a guarantee that we will in the end win a buy-back case so we still might be trying to repair this vehicle. They always tell me the codes show misfires on certain cylinders and tell me to buy better gas. I have only used 93 Octane "name-brand" gas. They have cleaned everything and put in additives twice...only to have the MIL re-illuminate...the last time after less than 300 miles on the vehicle. Plus we've had the car completely dead when the Electronic Control Module went out. Any suggestions? If we end up keeping the car, we'd love to know suggestions to offer to the repair shop.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:07 PM
2nd Gear
Default FSI gunk

Google:

---FSI gunk----

(main source is Audizine..)

You might find answers there.

If you have problems understanding the technical side of the problem - we will be glad to help you.