Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Gossett Audi - Car Window shot out on lot- dealer won't cover

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Default Memphis Gossett Audi - Car Window shot out on lot- dealer won't cover

(I posted this in dealer reviews, I don't know what to do about this.)
Hey guys, my brother is a member here but I have never posted. I just don't know what to do.

I took my 2002 A6 in to the dealer to have the suspension worked on and the radio repaired, the screen messed up for the second time, and it should have been ready today. Instead, I just received a call that a side window was shot out while it was on the lot and, get this, the dealer's insurance doesn't cover it.

I have yet to go see the car, but does this sound right to you? I have no idea what to do and I really don't want to get tied up in anything legal. It should seem to me that if it is in their car and someone does something like this, they should be liable.

Please help by posting your thoughts on what I should do and how I should handle this.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Memphis Gossett Audi - Car Window shot out on lot- dealer won't cover

They are liable, doesn't matter if the dealer's insurance doesn't cover it, the dealer has to flip the bill. If they don't agree, take it up with audi of north america.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Memphis Gossett Audi - Car Window shot out on lot- dealer won't cover

You are Right on , dont know what the dealer is thinking about...ALL cars on the dearler are covered under their licence insurance.Doesnt matter what caused the damage

Old 11-13-2007, 05:15 PM
2nd Gear

Exactly...if they have your car on the lot for service or maintenance then they are liable and their insurance covers anything on the property anyways.You have to prove that is was there for work i.e. work invoice etc. It sounds like you have this so don't let them BS you. The only way it wouldn't be covered is if you just parked it there without them knowing it. I had a similar situation where I brought my car in for service. Had all the paperwork. Even had their damn loaner car. Went to pick mine up and there werebig black scratches on the lower passenger bumper. OBVIOUSLY, was driven into a wall or a pole. They tried the same BS with me. Personally,I take picture of my cars from front toback with a digital that is time stamped. I showed them this after listening to thier BS for 10 minuteswith the Service and General Manager. Then,I showed them the pictures and I wish that all of you guys could have seen the look on their faces.Friggin priceless. They were falling all over each other and s***. Anyways, don't buy their crap. Make them fix it period!Dealers have "F*** the Customer" in their mission statements...do not be fooled...they could care friggin less about you. It's all about the bootom line to them.....$$$$$$$....Pathetic ifyou ask me. Sorry for the long post.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:08 PM
1st Gear

Thats about the same thing that happend to me , they hit my car backing in another vehicle with their tow truck . its funny ,I spend a lot of money their I have 2002 A6 that they dont service but they take care of my wifes 06 Murano, my Merc. Mountainerand F-150 and my sons Nisson Pathfinder,You could see it in their faces trying to lie about it . nobody new nothing.........but they did pay to have it fixed..

Old 11-13-2007, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

It's their job to replace the window. It was on their property, and they were responsible for it.

When you say your window was "shot out", do you mean someone actully took a gun to your car? I would think there would be more damage inside the car than just a broken window.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 PM
1st Gear

"I have no idea what to do and I really don't want to get tied up in anything legal."

It's a legal matter the min. the window was shot out. I would tell the deal that you will be calling thelocal news station and inform them of a shooting and the Audi dealer. The dealer do not want that bad PR so most likely they will fix it.......they should fix it anyway because its on there property.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:37 PM

I just wanted to post that they finally agreed to take care of it. They have told me that the car was parked on the lot on a side facing some trees and several cars had their windows shot out. It seems that someone was shooting them out while hiding in the forest.

Bottom line - they are taking care of it.

Thank you for all of your input.