Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods to do at same time as timing belt?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 06:07 PM
1st Gear
Default Mods to do at same time as timing belt?

I didn't find anything on this topic when I searched, but hopefully I can get some good feedback here. I have a '02 A6 2.7T with the 6spd transmission. I am planning on having the timing belt (and accompanying parts) changed at the end of this month. Are there any mods worth doing at this time since (from my understanding) the front of the car will be off? Currently the car is stock, but after this service (provided there aren't other major problems), I plan on getting a chip, piggies, new exhaust and dv's. My thoughts were to try and save some money on labor if it made sense to do some mods at the same time as the timing belt. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:12 PM
3rd Gear
Old 01-17-2010, 09:31 AM
2nd Gear

Upgraded intercooler hoses.
Upgrade the snub nose mount.
Replace PS pump lines.
Upgrade recirculation valves.
Upgrade y-pipe.

Bob

Old 01-18-2010, 11:00 AM
1st Gear

Has anyone put those pulleys on their car? I am not sure it is worth doing for $250. I am only aware of the APR snub nose mount and according to their website, they don't sell it for the A6 2.7T. Are the recirculation valves different from the diverter valves?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:34 PM
2nd Gear

REcirculation valve is the same as the diverter valve. Its up front and will be almost completly disconnected so its a good time to change them (not that they are hard to change otherwise). If you are prioritizing, change the intercooler hoses as they will be easy to get to when the front end is off.

Bob

Old 01-19-2010, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

I found the silicon hose set on ebay, it says it works with the 2.7T in the A6, has anyone bought these? I am thinking about having these and the snub mount installed while I have the T/B done. Thanks for the input chefro and bob. After reading the reviews of the pulleys here, I don't think I will be getting them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33601

Old 01-20-2010, 02:41 AM
1st Gear

This is a good question. I'm considering getting my second timing belt in the next month. First one was done at 75k miles, and now I'm nearly at 140k miles.

So, on a 4.2 engine, what from the list above would be done for this engine apart from the pulleys?

Old 01-26-2010, 06:00 PM
1st Gear

Well, I ordered the silicone hose set last night. Even though the page said they had the black kit in stock, they didn't. I had to settle for blue. Also, I am getting the timing belt job done this Friday. I asked about getting the APR snub mount done at the same time and the master mechanic said he doesn't recommend it anymore as he had too many complaints about vibrations afterward. I will post later of my impressions of the hose kit.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Did you get the silicone hose set from ebay that you referenced above?

If so, comment on your opinion of fit/quality. Seems like a really low price compared to others that I have seen.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:38 PM
1st Gear

So I didn't have much of a chance to look at the hoses as they arrived just hours before taking the car to the shop. I have never had silicone hoses on another car, so I don't really compare them to anything. So far, the shop hasn't had any comments on them. I just found out today that in addition to the timing belt job, I will be needing a new auxiliary water pump. So with taxes and all that, they quoted me just over $2k. I believe that to be reasonable since they give a 2 year/24k mile warranty on parts and labor.

Quick Reply: Mods to do at same time as timing belt?