Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Euro Plate is on! :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:54 AM
2nd Gear
Default My Euro Plate is on! :)

Well last week, I put on the new grill which understandably received mixed reviews mostly because the front end is not done. My MASTER Plan is to repaint faded lower gilles, paint chrome surround of center lower grille and the chrome under the headlighhts. I will also apply a light gunsmoke color to the headlights. Finally, the last piece of the front end is the front euro plate in a silver/grey background instead of the white one to better go with the dark car color and future completed backed out look.

So now I have the front grille and the Euro plate, which in my opinion has already helped improved the front end look and softened the effect of the blacked out front grille I put on last week.
The Euro plate wanted originally was the military one with "BiTurbo" on it but someone already has it on an A6 on FOURTITUDE so I picked the bwlo but will do the Biturbo one to put behind the window at shows/meets.
Here are the pics, hope you like it. By the way, the website i got it from was well priced and got the plate to me within 5 days or having the order!!!
www.autoplates.com The site is much more user friendly than the others like germanplates.com. It allows you to configure the plate as you go, drag the stickers where you'll want them, chnage the background color... and you can view it on line as you add to it or make changes. I paid $45 with the bracket/frame and bag of screws/hardware needed (which I did not use btw)
Car's dirty, very dirty even though it might not look like it and it had the fraking stockers on and winter tires (set for sale)

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 933x699 and weights 154KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 933x699 and weights 216KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 933x699 and weights 150KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 933x699 and weights 209KB.

A few euros ate Panera Bread this morning! This late 80's 911 reminds me of my much missed 86 911 Targa

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 933x699 and weights 188KB.

Have a great week-end
Cheers
Brice[/align]

Old 01-12-2008, 10:27 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: My Euro Plate is on! :)

Am I missing something? It looks white rather than silver/grey. IMO I would have gone with BI-Turbo. Who cares if someone on the forums has it already? That's what I would get. Personally, I like the no plate look best, especially on your car with the grill you have.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:37 AM
2nd Gear

I ordered from the same website. I liked it their service and product.

However, I agree with Four 0s Circus, that with the new grill, your car looks a lot better without the front plates. Again, IMO.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:07 PM
2nd Gear

I love the plate. It is not white, just the way the pic looks.
It'll look better when all done. I am not sold on the front grill 100%, I have the old one in the trunk ready just in case If it does not look good when the rest is done, I'll find a better grill or pop the old one back in. I even contemplated painting this one blue but might be worse.
Ideally I wanted a mesh grille like the one from LLTEK but they no longer have it. I don't want to mess with a RS6 grill to make it fit.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:29 AM
1st Gear

Post pics as you get along.

Once you get the lower grill also done, I think it would make a huge difference. Currently the silver is making it like something isn't quite right...

Old 01-14-2008, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

looks good keep us posted

Old 01-14-2008, 01:29 PM
1st Gear

I've seen a few mesh grills on ebay for about $50 then like $15 or $20 to ship!! I'm trying to decide between the mesh grill and the one like yours!! I'm leaning towards the mesh!! Yours looks good but like the look of the mesh!