Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Audi A6

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM
1st Gear
Default My first Audi A6

Hello Folks,

Newbie here and my first post.

A week ago I bought my first Audi A6 1.9TDi 130Sport year 2001, although it has 200miles on the clock it came with full dealer stamped service history, every MOT certificate and lots of receipts. I paid a grand for it which I think was a good price.

I also have a VW Sharan people carrier which I have had for 2 years and that is a great car and never lets me down.

I have always been a Saab man and have owned the full range of Saabs but since they went GM I felt their quality had dropped so decided to try Audi.

The Audi is leaking water but I have not fully investigated this due to work load, just see a small bit of water under the car overnight.

I do have some questions that I would like help with:

1, Does this car have a on-board computer to check fuel consumption?
2, Where will I find the OBDII plug?
3, I have ElsaWin for the VW, can I use it to view my Audi?
4, I have Vagcom, will this be able to diagnose the Audi?

Am a bit disappointed the car does not have a computer like the VW, it does not tell me if a lamp is blown nor will it show if the windscreen washer is low.

Other than that it drives very smooth and has a good tick, seem very good of fuel but I have not done many miles as yet in it.

I do hope someone can help out with these questions.

Thanks in advance.
Max

Old 02-08-2012, 04:42 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Willkommen to the forums!

congrats on the car. Most of us are from North America and do not have access to the diesel model that you have and it seems like the option packages are quite different. Anyway, this is what I have for you...

Water under the car after it has been parked could be from anywhere. Try to narrow down the general vicinity of where it is coming from.

1. Maybe. Does your car have a "screen" between the speedo and the tach? If so look for a button on the bottom of the wiper stalk (thats where it is on mine). this button turns that display screen on and off.

2. On my car it is under the dash on the driver's side near the door.

3. I think so but I'm not certain.

4. yes

best of luck to you