Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nedd HELP on LED Strip lights installed yesterday???

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 02:31 PM
1st Gear
Default Nedd HELP on LED Strip lights installed yesterday???

Ok First post and I am looking forward to being a member for years especially because I LOVE AUDI!! I plan to have an Audi for the rest of my life!!

My car is a 2005 Audi A6 that I am making look like an S6.

I bought the LED strip lights that are not the cheap ones that you have to rig in the plastic. These came with the replacement plastic molding that clip in the bumper. The molding has a cover that fills the old fog light hole.

I installed the lights. I took out the existing fogs and unplugged the harness that goes into the fogs on both sides, so the lead is just hanging there now. My lights had the DRL drivers for both sides and I screwed those in where the fogs were so they are mounted securely. The leads on the new harness are RED (Ignition power) Black (ground) and Blue, It says blue is (position or Headlight)

I tapped into the headlights harness by attaching RED to Ignition only power and Black to a screw. I guessed on Blue and attached that to the Headlight ON wire. (Not sure if that is correct or not)

My problem is 2 fold: #1 I now have an error for missing fog lights. #2 The old fogs stayed on for 60 secs while then strips do not.

Can someone help me with this?

Old 10-07-2012, 05:27 PM
1st Gear

The computer in the car is smarter than you It knows that the current draw is not correct, hence the bulb out warning. There are work arounds, you have to search the forums. I am not sure about the coming home feature. It may have disabled itself since the car thinks there is no working fog light.

This car is quite sophisticated. Before you start mucking with the electrics you need to do some research or you end up with faults or worse.

Good luck and enjoy the car.