Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 02:00 AM
1st Gear
Default need exhaust

Just purchased a 01 A6 with the 2.7 tip. hoping for some advise, the car deff. need some for bark. dont really want to go all out with a full system 1500+, and dont see the reason b/c I dont plan on doing enough mods to need the improved air flow. has any 1 found something around 1k that turns heads just with the growl? what is the easiest way to run dual exposed pipes?, cut inserts or can you buy a pre-molded for the back bumper.
thanks for any help
ps. s-flo or k&n

Old 04-20-2007, 12:48 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: need exhaust

For exposed pipes you either have to cut it, which many people have done and it seems to be simple enough, or you can buy abumper from an '02+ A6 (you have to get the whole bumper though). As for exhaust, I would just get a custom one bent with some Magnaflows...which sound killer on the 2.7T.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Default RE: need exhaust

Do some searching. There are a ton of options, but most are up in that rarified air in terms of price. Someone ought to post a faq on this....I think 2.7T systems are more abundant than 4.2, though the outputs are somewhat similar and the pipes on my 4.2 are puny so I'm really not sure about what teh differences are aft of the cat and at the rear section. Anyway what I've found so far:

Remus- Makes an RS6 system, straight through so it will have some bark. Aroudn 800 on Ebay, a froogle search will yield a couple vendors selling the real kit (rather than a universal muffler) for about 300 per side.

Oettinger- huge money, hard to find.

Eisenberg- expensive, haven't heard much about them.

Abt- Good luck.

MTM- Big coin, OEM cases with larger pipe. Engineer is from Audi's S/RS program.

Supersprint- a good bet, by all accounts. Not loud enough for some, not light either.

Milltek- seems to be one of the staples, still $1400 or so for the whole deal.

B&B- looks like a nice system, I think same as APR. Good rep among Porsche enthusiasts.

B&B Autotechnik- European vendor, big big bucks.

Stebro- well regarded in some niche markets- Alfa, SVX, Ferrari. Less costly, particularly if you just do the rears.

Edit- whups, I forgot Cargraphic and (Ithink) Techart.

Custom- some places advertise Flowmaster Hushpowers for Audi, it appears as though they could be mounted in place of the stock rears, although gettin the pipe correct to get the tip revealed out the faschia will take careful work.

Custom- delete center resonator. Well, my center resonator was straight-through, so deletion just brought my 4.2 from magiccarpet silent to Ford Crown-Vic ish. Not exactly rewarding.

Stainless-Specialties makes a compact muffler that, in dual-in/dual-ut configuration may fit in plase of the resonator, allowing you to run just pipes to the rear- but that would be uncharted territory, I think.