Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:31 AM
1st Gear
Default Need Help

I just installed a new sound system, well partly i only have the subs in, but i was driving my car and everytime i tried to accelerate my car buck and buck and rev, and rev like it was trying to give me push, but it just wouldn't go. My check engine light is on, i drove home doing about 20 or less the whole way with my flashers on, what could possibly be the problem? The car felt like it was trying to get the power it needed, but just didn't. It would rev up to about 6000 rpm's then drop, but it didn't accelerate. 1998 A6 Quattro

Old 08-18-2008, 12:49 AM
Site Moderator

Absolutely no way we can tell whats wrong with that engine without the fault codes, were not psychic. Go somewhere like autozone and they will check the fault codes for free. Then post the faults back here so we can diagnose it.
It sounds like the tranny is slipping from your explaination, or the torque converter.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:53 AM
1st Gear

ok my friend has the kit to check the codes, but he's not coming til tomorrow i was just wondering if u had any ideas on what it could be. Thanks for your ideas