Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 03:28 PM
1st Gear
Unhappy Need help!!!

Hi, I have a 1999 A6, with a little over 140K miles. I recently noticed an oil leak from the engine. I am not quite sure where the leak is from though, but it looks like from somewhere in the side of the engine. Also, the engine has started to make some sort of clunking noise. I can't hear it when I am inside the car, but it is rather loud from when I am outside the car. Furthermore, some smoke and some oil smell comes out of the engine when I park my car after driving it for a while. The oil temperature gets near the 250 F mark rather quickly, but the needle would not pass it even if I drive it for another 50 miles. I live in California, but I try to avoid traffic as much as possible, and the temperature is rarely ever over 90 degrees. Any idea of what might be wrong? I really don't know Audi's that well, and I just changed my brakes, spark plugs, transmission fluid change, and oil change. So I am coming off of spending a whole bunch of money, and don't want to spend any more. Any suggestions?
Thanks for the help in advance!!