Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP.. CD Player, Cruise control, las vegas issues!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:25 PM
1st Gear
Default NEED HELP.. CD Player, Cruise control, las vegas issues!

[:@] ok.. so i just recently got my first audi and i love it.. it's a gorgeous car.. but i don't know a thing about their maintenance etc...

Also if anyone knows any good reasonably priced mechanics in Las Vegas please let me know!!!!!

it's a 99 a6 2.8 quattro i believe.. 100,000 miles i believe it has a cold air intake

my dad picked it up for me two weeks ago and drove it home for me (from denver to sioux falls, south dakota) which is about 700 miles. he said the cruise control gave out about the last 2-3 hours of the 10 hour drive. then i left to go back to school in las vegas three days ago. it's a 24 hour drive.

my cruise control gave out after about an hour. it just quit while i was driving. i couldn't turn it back on, so i waited for about 10 minutes and turned it back on and it worked for another 20 minutes. i repeated that process a few times until it finally quit working after about 4 hours. needless to say it was not a fun 24 hour drive

2nd issue was the cd player... it gave out after 20 hours of the drive. after i switched a cd out i went back to play it and it read.. cd1 ERR-->cd2 ERR-->cd3 ERR and so on for all of the discs.... i've tried a thousand times to get them to play since then.. and one time it worked for a minute until i changed the track..

i guess i though i might have been running it too hard but now i have no idea because the cd player still doesn't work..
could it be anything to do with all the climate changes

if i got the vin number could someone run it for me.. because i'm a little nervous now thinking i might have bought a lemon..
anyone know good las vegas mechanics??

Thanks everyone for your help
-christian

Old 08-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Default RE: NEED HELP.. CD Player, Cruise control, las Vegas issues!

sounds like a temperamental power loss isut to me sending or shutting the engine down for a second which will delete the radio code and turn the cruise off ( the cruise issue could also be a bad break paddle switch ) have it scanned for fault codes

Old 08-31-2007, 05:39 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: NEED HELP.. CD Player, Cruise control, las Vegas issues!

Wolf's Auto Repair is were I go. He has a very heavy German accent and may be hard to understand but does great work. A friend of mine referred me to him, who owns a very tricked out jetta.