Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help identifying hoses and connections

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 09:51 AM
1st Gear
Default need help identifying hoses and connections

Hello,

I purchased a 2000 A6 2.7 from an insurance auction and had a shop replace the front bumper cover that was missing. A few days ago I was replacing a bulb and looked down and noticed a hose that ran from the driver side of the car, under the fan and ended without being connected to anything, Pictures attached. Upon further inspection I noticed what I assume was what this hose was to be connected to on the driver side front end - picture attached ( white connector) . This seems logical, but the hoses do not reach each other. I dont know what the people did that owned this car before, but I love this car and want to put it in its rightful working order. Additionally I noticed what appears to be some sort of electrical connections that were not connected to anything- pictures attached as well. I know my abs brake light is on, I wonder if that is due to one of these things not being connected properly. The previous owner, in all their wannabe fast n furious wisdom placed spacers on the front wheels, complete with, get this, Bolts. You heard it ladies and gentlemen, bolts. Im talking bolts like the ones that stick out of frankenstein neck. Anyway, one problem at a time I guess. Anyone can take a look at these pics and give me and idea on what is what and how to fix it, i would appreciate it. Thanks. And Happy Holidays!

Attached Thumbnails need help identifying hoses and connections-audi.jpg   need help identifying hoses and connections-auditube.jpg   need help identifying hoses and connections-auditube2.jpg   need help identifying hoses and connections-audiunknownwire.jpg  

Last edited by mtrainum; 12-22-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: adding pics
Old 12-22-2010, 01:38 PM
1st Gear

Well I am not seeing your pics but I beleive the hose you are talking about is the hose for the headlight washers it comes into the front bumper on the drivers side then runs across to the passenger side. cant help ya on the electrical as I do not see any pics to reference.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:18 PM
1st Gear

Thanks, that would make sense. Im sorry about the pics, I was trying to get them uploaded when I got interrupted. I am working on them now, and have circled the items I am speaking about in each picture. Its weird though because my headlights do not have wipers. They may have been damaged in the accident the previous owner had. I'll shoot you a email once pics are up. Thank you so much.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:37 PM
1st Gear
Default got the pics up now.

Originally Posted by padog
Well I am not seeing your pics but I beleive the hose you are talking about is the hose for the headlight washers it comes into the front bumper on the drivers side then runs across to the passenger side. cant help ya on the electrical as I do not see any pics to reference.
Thanks for the help. The wires are from the driver side of the vehicle.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:07 AM
1st Gear
Default Hoses and Wires

I agree with Padog...the hose appears to be the connection for your, "headlight washers" not, "headlight wipers". If you look on the front bumper cover, you should have small square shaped plugs mounted just below each headlight. The connection for this hose is accesible from inside the front driver's wheel well. You have to pull the plastic fender liner back to see the connection located inside the bumper cover, just below the driver's headlight.

The wire you see hanging may be an electrical connection for your foglights...or it cold be some other electrical connection that was missed by the shop that installed your front bumper.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:11 AM
2nd Gear

The hose is definetly for the headlight washers (Audis just wash, they don't wipe). You will need a clip from the dealer. Or, save yourself some grief and leave it unhooked and the other end crimped. That hose is a known leaker.

The electrical connections look like outside air temperature sensor and foglight. The OATS is on a crossbar in front of the radiator.

Audi uses wheel "bolts" with a special head. I hope the PO didn't use the car up too much as Audis get expensive to maintain and repair.

Good luck!

Bob