Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help in Manassas VA

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:35 PM
1st Gear
Default Need help in Manassas VA

Hey, I am looking to meet up with some Audi guys near me, and also trying to find an Audi Mechanic or a skilled DIY person that wouldn't mind helping me out.

I am definately willing to buy all the beers and supply good cigars, plus we can talk about other forms of payment like Redskins tickets or other. I just need some good support and skill to help make sure I get the good parts from the correct places and for the best prices.

I have a 2002 A6 2.7T 6-speed with 72k. I was going to just add an APR snub mount, Samco hose kit, and APR Bi-pipe. However, at my last service done by eurasian service center in tysons, they mentioned that the engine mounts were leaking an needed to be replaced. Their price for this job was like 900 bucks. Being the cheap person that I am (not sure why I bought the audi since I am cheap) I decided to buy the RS4 mounts and was going to give it a go on my own.

I purchased all the various parts, and they sat all winter long but now that it is nice, I pulled the car in the garage and it is now on stands with the front end half taken apart. So far, it hasn't been extreemly dificult, at least the snub mount is in and ready once everything is back together and the Bi-pipe and hoses are not that bad either.

The car being 72k I know it also needs the timing belt done as it hasn't been done yet. Plus the engine mounts I could also use some help with. With everything already apart, I was thinking of doing the timing belt myself, but wouldn't mind the companionship and also some help making sure I don't mess it up. Plus possible access to some of the special tools would also be nice. Also, when taking off all the old hoses I noticed oil in the driver side pressurized hoses and intercooler. I already know this is the beginning of the end for the driver turbo unless it is already gone. No noise or anything yet, but I don't have the dollars for the original 900 engine mounts, so I definately don't have the cash for new K04 turbos.

The car when running is a beautiful machine. (Ah, that is why I bought it, even though I am cheap.)

Please Help!

Old 04-05-2008, 08:58 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Need help in Manassas VA

Post this in Northeast area not here

Old 04-07-2008, 09:41 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Need help in Manassas VA

There is an NGP Racing in Lorton VA