Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New A6 2.7T, few issues, few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 03:23 PM
1st Gear
Default New A6 2.7T, few issues, few questions.

Bought a 2001 Audi A6 2.7T yesterday. On the drive home found a few problems, and would like some input. Ive used the search, but i get a bunch of answers and they are not the same situations.

1. Both front windows roll down fine, but when trying to roll them back up, they start to slow down, eventually stop and i watch my volt gauge start to decrease, and then they end up going back down a few inches. I dont know if its the back windows as well as i didnt feel like trying them out since it was so hard to manually put the front 2 windows up.

2. When i go to use the turn signals, they just stay lit, they do not blink at all. Hazards still work.

3. I have the "triangle with a circle around it" dash light on. I believe that is the ESC light? I also have my abs light on as well, and the check brakes thing on in the information panel. Now i think i read that the ESC will come on if there is something wrong with the brakes? So im thinking i just have to replace an ABS sensor and i should get rid of all three lights? please correct me if im wrong.

4. my fob doesn't work. it didn't come with batteries so i went and bought new ones and still nothing. im guessing its because it hasn't had batteries in it for awhile that it needs to be reprogramed?

I hope thats all for now. going to do some more driving and see if i notice anything else. I bought the car cheap so i realized it wasnt going to be perfect and it would need some work. So far the engine and trans are fine, shifts smooth, idles, runs, and drives amazing.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Old 08-19-2011, 05:33 PM
2nd Gear

I cannot give you an answer to every question you have but I'll give it a shot with stuff I know a little about:
1. I have the same issue. First try to replace the window clips - the old ones brake easily and new ones are only like 5 bucks each. You need 2 per window (front only!). If that fails, look into a window regulator - about $100 each.

2. Never had this problem. My guess is the blinker relay. - check Blinker relay replacement... Piece of cake - AudiWorld Forums

3. With ABS and ESP light both on you are probably in need of a new ABS control module. Either brand new - $1200 or rebuild it for around $400 (ModuleMaster)

4. There is a procedure to resync the fob with the car. I never had to do it but some reported to press a button while turning the key in the door lock and/or ignition.

FYI: These are all just part prices listed, either DIY or pay extra for a mechanic.
Good luck.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:19 PM
1st Gear

alright thanks for the info. I got my fob working today so thats all sovled. Tomorrow im going to look at the windows and turn signals. And i have no idea what im going to do about the abs.... its pricey either way haha.

BTW, does anyone know where i can cough "find" cough a repair manual for my car? thanks

Old 08-20-2011, 03:50 AM
1st Gear

I could not answers a lot of your question but I would like to help you. here are some Audi repair questions and answers for you. they are the best auto mechanic I've had so they can helped you with your problem.

Last edited by krislou80; 08-24-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:23 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

^^^^

seems.....spammy

other than that, I agree with most of what Sheldon said about the windows and turn signal/hazard relay.

for the ABS module, you should get a scan first. might be something simple, loose wire/connector, bad sensor, etc. if it does turn out to be the ABS module, rebuilds seem to be the most reasonable route, plus you can still drive your car while the module is off being rebuilt.

glad to see you already got the key fob sorted.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:52 PM
1st Gear

yea i have a scan tool and i plan on doing it tomorrow while i tear the interior apart to clean some things and what not. I found that ECStuning.com has everything i need or think i need for my car, which is awesome.

Just wondering, but my information panel in the gauge cluster has some pixels out, does anyone know where to pick these up?

and does anyone have any kind of info on a "free" repair manual for a 2001 A6 2.7tq?

thanks for all the help so far! dont know what i would have done without these forums!