Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new A6 owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 01:17 PM
1st Gear
Default new A6 owner

Well we just bought our first Audi Saturday and picked it up monday, Its a 2001 2.7T quattro. We bought it for my mom because we wanted her to have a newer, safe, luxurious and reliable car. We were looking at E320 4-matics and were in fact on the way to the Mercedes dealership when we passed Audi so we just pulled in and it was a good deal, had 37K on it and they were asking 27500. plus Audi had a deal for only 2001 A6's where there is 0% financing. the car is in perfect condition with no dings at all. It has the cold weather package, Xenon headlights, rear window sunshades, Bose stereo, Premium package, and I'm not sure what else. I just hope we made the right choice getting the 2.7T engine...I've been reading reviews about it and I'm not so sure now..my mom isnt an aggressive driver at all(i mean she just came out of a buick) and i want it to last her a long time with no problems.I dont want the car to be problematic. for pics click here Audi a6 2.7T

Old 10-06-2004, 02:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Welcome!

Sounds like a nice car! My only suggestion for you is to make sure that your mom (or you if you drive the car), lets the engine warm up before stomping on the turbos. Typically, you should let the oil temp get to about 175 (one tick above the 150) before doing any quick runs. Definitely let the engine cool down a bit as well on the end of the drive, to let the turbos relax and cool off before you shut the engine off. Loosen the seatbelt, gather your loose items (phone, etc.), maybe even open the door, then shut the car off.

One other area with the 2001's is the brake rotors. They tend to warp very easily, a design flaw that was corrected in 2002 and later. Try to use the tiptronic to slow down on the highway offramps, and don't use the parking brake unless you really have to (parked on a hill).

I hope you and your mom enjoy the ride! I love my 2001 2.7T. You can see pictures here (just click on the picture post link from the profile):
Boston Driver profile on Audiworld