Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Audi A6

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Default New Audi A6

Hello everyone...
I just got a 2006 Audi A6 today, it's pretty exciting I must say. I brought it from a local dealership and the lady that helped me 'chose' it and what not knew absolutely nothing about the car. I didn't want to ask for another salesman because I didn't want to offend her. Any question I had she'd say, "Oh that's all in the manual..." I know this isn't their nomal procedure because we brought an E class from there a few years ago and the guy showed me every square inch to the car... Now I have to ask a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me..

+How do I activate my navigation? The lady told me they're going to tell Audi to do it or something and it takes 48 hours. Like I said she knows NOTHING so I'm hoping someone can help me on that point.

+How do I use my phone through this car? I have a bluetooh phone and I have the bluetooth activate but the MMI doesn't give me the option of picking it up through the system.

That's about it.
Take it easy

Old 10-29-2005, 07:49 PM
Default RE: New Audi A6

NAV should be working already. No Audi interventioned is required. Push NAV button and follow the screens, its very intuitive from there. I have never used the manual and i have been able to figure most things out. I dont know about the blutooth feature, i dont have a phone that supports it just yet. I've had my A6 for about 4 months, so far i like it alot.

Old 10-31-2005, 04:56 AM

Actually I got the bluetooth phone connectivity working via my blackberry, it's really nice. However I can't say the same for the NAV. It says NAVIGATION NO INSTALLED and there are no options from there... What should I do?

Old 10-31-2005, 05:41 PM
1st Gear

How did you get the bluetooth with your blackberry working? I think I am doing everything right, the devices are paired, but then the mmi screen just says- Please Wait. It seems to just freeze there.

james

Old 10-31-2005, 11:09 PM
2nd Gear

It sounds like the navigation DVD was not installed. I had the same problem nut the salesperson discovered it before I left the lot. It takes a few minutes to load.

Kevin

Old 11-01-2005, 09:34 AM

+Thanks Kevin, I'll go back to the dealership this weekend have them install it. The lady was a complete idiot, she told me that Audi was going to do it and it'll be 48 hours and activate via satellite and I knew the whole time she was just saying crap to please me. I'm going to throw a fit over her, I mean for the amount of money this car costs, I should atleast get decent customer service.

+Hey James, that sounds pretty wierd. Usually if you turn bluetooth on, then chose pair with device and chose audi then accept the connection request it should work. Sometimes it won't so what I'll do is I'll pull the battery out of the Blackberry to turn it off completely then do the steps over again. If that doesn't wory you might want to go back to the dealership and have them reprogram the system for you. Hope that helps.

Old 11-11-2005, 02:42 AM

Make sure your Nav DVD is loaded into the drive in the trunk.

For the Bluetooth, if you want to have the phone automatically link everytime you turn on the car, you probably need to enter a security code into your phone when setting up the connection. Try 1234.

Jon

Old 11-14-2005, 02:50 PM
1st Gear

I've had more or less the same situation when I p/u my 2005 A6, I just assumed that the Nav was part of the car and the sales person agreed with me,
actually it took me a few days(after the fact) and some calls to realize that it was a $2,000 dealer option. I also remember that the salesman had no clue on Audis period. He later told me that he just arrived to Audi 2 weeks ago from his former employer; a Chevy dealer !!!

As a matter of fact; I went back to the dealer to find out about it, and I spoke to a young sales person (different guy) and this man really knew his stuff, and he politely told me that Nav on A6's was not standard, only the $89,000 A8 and some select A4's had it as standard equipment, and as he spoke opened the trunk of an A8 and showed me the stack of gadgets (amp,xm radio,nav) and guess, (I thought) it would have been nice if that young man would have sold me the car instead.