Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Audi A6 - In Depth

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 07:03 PM
1st Gear
Default New Audi A6 - In Depth

just bought one of these and i absolutely love it. By the way i did a search and it looks like nobody made a new thread about the new A6, so i dont think its a repost. be sure to read the full article at the bottom.

At a Glance:
New, particularly sporty exterior and interior design
Dimensions: length 4.92 metres, width 1.86 metres, height 1.46 metres, wheelbase 2.84 metres (up by 83 mm)
More space for all occupants
Powerful TDI and petrol engines:
New: 4.2 V8 – 246 kW (335 bhp), 420 Newton-metres
New: 3.2 V6 FSI – 188 kW (255 bhp), 330 Newton-metres
New: 2.4 V6 – 130 kW (177 bhp), 230 Newton-metres
New: 3.0 V6 TDI – 165 kW (225 bhp), 450 Newton-metres
New: 2.0 TDI – 103 kW (140 bhp), 320 Newton-metres
Manual 6-speed gearbox, 6-speed tiptronic or continuously variable multitronic automatic transmission available as an option
Front-wheel or quattro permanent all-wheel drive
Audi dynamic suspension with four-link front suspension and self-tracking trapezoidal-link rear suspension on front-wheel-drive and quattro versions
Optional adaptive air suspension (from 2005)
Speed-related servotronic steering featured as standard
High-performance brake system with electronic brake assist
Electromechanical parking brake featured as standard
Optional: tyre pressure monitoring system
New: adaptive light cornering lights with xenon plus + daytime driving light + LED brake lights (optional)
Optional: radar-assisted distance control, adaptive cruise control (from 2005)
Light and rain sensor featured as standard
Fog lights as standard
Multi Media Interface MMI basic with monochrome display featured as standard
Optional: advanced key access and driving authorisation
New generation of steering wheels: leather steering wheel featured as standard
High-comfort automatic air conditioning featured as standard
Optional: BOSE surround sound system, DVD navigation

Here is the Full article

ill post pictures in a day or so.

Old 09-08-2005, 07:47 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: New Audi A6 - In Depth

The interior is amazing. I love the changes they made. What a car!

Old 09-08-2005, 07:48 PM
1st Gear

congrats on your buy

Old 09-15-2005, 01:01 PM
1st Gear

I just bought my 06 A6 4.2 about 3 weeks ago. I traded in my 03 530i and never looked back. The ride, handling and performance are incredible. There are so many gadgets to play with.

One note..when you get the tech package the screen in between the wheel is a full color lcd screen instead of the amber screen. When I get a chance I will take some pics of my car.

So far in the Northern VA area I have only seen 1 new A6.

Old 09-18-2005, 03:21 PM
1st Gear

We got our 05 A6 4.2L w/ sports package back in December 04......it's a beautiful car and w/ 10K miles we are pleased as punch. It has tons of power and get up and go.....drop it in sports mode and it gives you longer between shifting gears for even more pickup. Don't use the manual mode too much but it's nice to have.

Here's ours....

Old 09-18-2005, 03:30 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 06A6Lover

I just bought my 06 A6 4.2 about 3 weeks ago. I traded in my 03 530i and never looked back. The ride, handling and performance are incredible. There are so many gadgets to play with.

One note..when you get the tech package the screen in between the wheel is a full color lcd screen instead of the amber screen. When I get a chance I will take some pics of my car.

So far in the Northern VA area I have only seen 1 new A6.

I saw a black 4.2L on 495 a month ago driving thru town....and I have seen quite a few around here lately, most 3.2's but some 4.2's....

Old 09-28-2005, 04:19 PM
1st Gear

Hi...

Wife and I just bought an '05 A6. Same silver/gray color in your pics, coffee (dark tan) leather interior. No woodtrim. We wanted it, but not available.
Otherwise it's identical inside. We, too, love the quality and interior controls.

I have a couple of issues that are bugging me. They may have already been addressed here, but I'm new to the forum. ( first post )

1. We didn't get the sunroof. Is there any reason NOT to have one put on afterwards. I know it would be around 1,300 give or take. I know years ago there were issues with sunroof leaks when they were added afterwards, even by the dealer.

2. Of course, you've all heard the "audi's have alot of problems, expensive to fix" stories. I'm hoping they're just stories.

3. Last, but not least. When I test drove other cars ( such as infiniti M35 ), the salesman pointed out how the engine was on top or behind the front tires.
I've noticed the engine on the A6 is a bit in FRONT of the front tires. I've also read elsewhere that Audis have nose-heavy handling.
Is it my imagination, or is this just something I'll have to live with ? It bugs me more than the sunroof part. Anyone else feel this during higher speed turns ? [ If you're asking why, then, did I buy it, it's because I didn't feel that on the test drive, but I do now ]

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the stupid questions but I'm new to the Audi world.

M ( smoothride)

P.S. Interesting note: I too am in the Northern Virginia area.