Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Default New Battery

Hello
I have a 01 2.7t. My battery needs to be replaced. The dealer price is about $230. Before I go there and get ripped off I wanted to confirm If there's a genuine one available elsewhere for a better price.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:18 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: New Battery

My dealer told me that the batteries in audi's were of a special type and a non-audi battery would not last six months.
When it came time to replace it, I purchased one from auto zone. That battery lasted over 2 years, and when I had
to replace it again, they pro-rated it. So, I only had to pay about $15 for a new battery that will laster more than 2 years.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:39 PM
3rd Gear

The AUDI dealer is full of BULL CRAP!
Just get a 5 year battery from AZ or Sears or NAPA that fits the AUDI.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:18 PM
2nd Gear

yea my battery has been in my car for 9 months and still puts out same wattage as when i tested the output the first day ... i had to get a new battery for my alternator and capacitor and stereo bout mine from pep boys

Old 04-23-2008, 01:53 PM
1st Gear

buy an interstate thats what i put in my a6, works better than the stock one!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:42 PM
1st Gear

Audi uses interstate for their oem batteries. So if you go to an interstate shop you will find a battery that matches exact specs. Personal opinion of mine is autozone has crappy batteries. interstate would be my first choice then checker/murrays (if youre in the west) has a battery that is almost exact same spec that would be my second.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:39 PM
3rd Gear

When my alternator died, I also priced out a non-Audi battery and it was half of what you stated. There's not much difference between batteries these days if you buy a good one (not a cheap 24-month one). I've gotten 5+ years out of my OEM batteries in all my cars and still have the original in my Audi and got 140k+ miles and 5 years out of the one in my Saturn before my daughter spent last summer in 90-100o weather there.

There is a difference in batteries made for cold vs hot climates. Heat is a battery killer.