Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy

Old 12-05-2007, 06:50 PM
1st Gear
Default New Guy

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pop in to say hi. Just bought a 2001 2.7, and so far, so good. I like the ride and feel of it. The acceleration is smooth, but I'm coming from a 500+ HP supercharged GTO, so anything is considered smooth compared to that. It's also nice to know that I've got all wheel drive. No more worrying whether I'm going to make it to work in the morning.

That's it for now. It's my first Audi, so I'm a complete newb. My guess is that I'll have a few dumb questions. I'll try searching for it first, but if I post something that's been answered a million times, try to take it a little easy on this newbie!! Thanks!!!

Old 12-05-2007, 07:12 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: New Guy

Welcome to AUDI's and this forum! Post picstures of the new... and old ride. go ahead and ask questions... everyone does and that's what this forum is for... partly

Old 12-05-2007, 07:13 PM
2nd Gear

oh and go Stage3, and yuor new 4dr 4000lbs sedan wil blow the doors off your old goat

Old 12-05-2007, 08:33 PM
1st Gear

I don't think I will be doing the mod thing like I did with the Goat, although the reflash sounds interesting. Why such big gains? (70/110)

Old 12-05-2007, 10:59 PM
1st Gear

Welcome! I am a newb around here, too, but a big special welcome from a former Goat owner (x2). I have owned both an '04 and an '06 GTO and loved them both dearly. I am admittedly a car junkie and my '02 A6 4.2 is my 4th car this year.[sm=insomnia.gif] I am trying to settle down with something really nice but still with great performance...thus my choice of the 4.2. I love the V8 power/torque, combined with the peace of mind of AWD and the luxury of it being a superbly-built German q-ship. I know the 2.7T is the better "tuner" choice, but I am a sucker for V8's and cannot wait to give my girl some new lungs to leave people dumbfounded by the luxo-sedan that just screamed by them with sweet V8 hellfire.[sm=gears.gif][sm=drooldude.gif]

Again, welcome - good luck with the great new ride & cheers!! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 12-05-2007, 11:16 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: formulagigi

oh and go Stage3, and yuor new 4dr 4000lbs sedan wil blow the doors off your old goat
Really?[sm=interesting.gif] I admit that I am not sure what "stage 3" includes, but it better have a rocket booster to propel a heavier car starting with 100-150HPdeficitbefore mods to blowthe doors off of a blown Goat. I know the 2.7T is a mod-friendly car being factory turbo'd...but really? I would have to believe that any advantage the AWD would give at launch would be quickly made up and just embarrassed by a forced-induction GTO. I love my Audi and all, but......[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Cheers! [sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=partyparty.gif]

Old 12-06-2007, 12:31 PM
2nd Gear

^ first the Goat starts as a heavy coupe that is "slow" form the factory given the engine size and power it has. My A6 keeps up with them..
STAGE3 2.7T will put over 400 AWHP,sick torqueand is ridiculously fast! Especially 6spd.
A god stage 3 includes K04 turbos, new fuel/injection system, full exhaust, Y pipe, intercoolers..... Sick performance, serisoult.. I am not dissing the goat, I love it personally... So it might not blow the doors off your old goat but it will give it a run for its $ and most likely outrun it... a little

Old 12-06-2007, 01:07 PM
2nd Gear

Welcome aboard man! Enjoy your turbo.... lol.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:10 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the welcome guys. Good to see a former Goat owner as well. I feel like a 100% newb with this car. I kinda knew the Goat inside and out, but I learned from the forums on that car, and I will do the same here.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:09 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: formulagigi

^ first the Goat starts as a heavy coupe that is "slow" form the factory given the engine size and power it has. My A6 keeps up with them..
STAGE3 2.7T will put over 400 AWHP,sick torqueand is ridiculously fast! Especially 6spd.
A god stage 3 includes K04 turbos, new fuel/injection system, full exhaust, Y pipe, intercoolers..... Sick performance, serisoult.. I am not dissing the goat, I love it personally... So it might not blow the doors off your old goat but it will give it a run for its $ and most likely outrun it... a little
Gigi - Stage 3 does sound pretty stout! I am all for unassuming-looking cars that pack a serious surprise. Props![sm=smiley20.gif]

Cheers! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Search this Thread