Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here any help would be appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:56 AM
1st Gear
Default New here any help would be appreciated!

I have recently purchased an 02 A6 quattro 2.7 biturbo with 58,000 miles as a project car from a flood auction. The water got about two inches deep in the interior and so far the bad parts I have found are the seat controllers and the trans control module I have located these used and wil pick them up this weekend. I have ordered a bentley paper manual and a dvd manual and found an original owners manual on ebay but none of these have arrived yet.

That leads to my first question does anyone know if there are any other electrical components hidden under the carpeting that I should be looking for? I have read of a possible security module but one thread said it was behind/under the rear seat and another said it was under the front seat?

The car runs fine and my only other issues are an abs light and an airbag light I think the airbag light is caused because of the seat problems though since the seats have the airbags in them and I currently have the seats removed.

I have ordered the Vag-com interface cable and downloaded the program so as soon as it arrives I will check and see what codes are being kicked. Oh and since this is my first time using this type of interface I am sure I will have questions on this also!

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Jerry

Old 12-16-2008, 11:54 AM

http://www.shokan.com/
they should have the stuff you need

Old 12-17-2008, 09:08 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the link the local parts people that said they had my trans controller had the wrong one so I called Shoken and it will ship today!

Still looking for any info on whether there are any more components hidden under the carpeting hoping I dont have to take it completely out to check.