Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to this place

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 11:40 AM
1st Gear
Default New to this place

Hello,

I think this is my first post here. Like the title says, new to this place, not to tuning

I recently sold my baby, 93 GMC typhoon. with years of tuning, I got her to run a 12.2 on all stock engine.

I am about to pull the trigger on a 2000 A6 2.7t with 125K miles who's prevoius owner was a microsoft guy. The guy new absolutely NOTHING about cars and he had it serviced @ the dealer for everything. It has a clunking sound when turning R and L at certain speeds. Dealer said it was upper control arms and not CV joints. The car I'm looking at has 125K miles on it. The prevous owner had the timing belt & water pump replaced @ 110K miles. When I looked @ the car, the car was overheating. I turned on the heater and it did blow hot air, so I was not convinced it was the thermostat. The owner took the car to the dealer and it was in fact the thermostat. I suspect the mechanic this guy took his car to took some short cuts becasue he did not replace the thermostat when he did the waterpump and timing belt. Anyway, the problem is fixed and the seller is willing to sell, I"m ready to pull the trigger once I do a full inspection next week.

The only tuning I"m planing on is the APR stage 1 chip and maybe an upgraded DP. I want a nice car I can just drive with some decent power and fuel milage. I'm done with the tuning, just takes too much time and energy. The idea of putting in a chip sounds fine to me. I do want the VAG-com tool to check codes & to to problem solve the car in the future if need be.

That being said, I found some VAG-Com stuff on ebay with cable and CD. I think one of the titles of the VAG-Com software was;

VAG-COM KKL 409.1 OBD2 USB Interface Cable KKL for VW/AUDI/Seat/Skoda/Volkswagen

Is this all I need to check codes and such on the Audi? Or do I need the Ross software?

Thank you all, looking foward to learning alot about these cars