Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No MMI or Dash Controls

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 12:45 AM
1st Gear
Default No MMI or Dash Controls

Hello all. I just purchased an '05 A6 3.2 Auto (approx. 97k miles) with several problems and have been rectifying them one by one. The current issue I'm working on is that the MMI is completely out (no lights, no boot sequence, no radio, etc). Additionally, the heater controls don't work (no display, etc). I'm trying to figure out what to troubleshoot first so wanted to run this by all of you. In the VAG scan attached (I had to attach and zip the file because it was too large for the forum), it looks like there are some serious issues and wondering if a something centrally is out or if all of these items need to be replaced. (note that the engine errors have all been repaired so you can ignore those). This could obviously be a trip to the dealer, but wanted to run this by all of you first to see if you had thoughts on what I could look at first. I was hoping that maybe a central module might be the culprit and would impact all the errors below. Thanks for any thoughts you have.

Thank you in advance!

Other background information:
- The battery was completely dead when I bought the car. The battery is now fully charged and tests out fine.
- The car runs and starts great after tensioners replaced (strong car).
- Headlights, blinkers, tail lights, etc all work.
- MMI does not light up or power on.
- Heating controls don't work or any other controls on the dash (no displays)
- Vertical adjustment on steering column does not work.
- Electric Parking Brake error flashes on dash and parking brake does not work.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
vag.zip (6.0 KB, 35 views)