Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil just squirted out of dipstick tube like a FOUNTAIN!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Default Oil just squirted out of dipstick tube like a FOUNTAIN!!!!!

I just started my car in cold weather (15degrees F) and let it warm up for about 30 seconds, then proceeded to pretty much roll along slowly down my long driveway (about .25 miles) then slowly drove out the road i live on at about 25 miles an hour. While at the stop sign i noticed quite a bit of white smoke comming out both exhausts. I drove a little further to see if it would stop once warmed up. after about 5 minutes of driving it had not stoped so i decided to check my oil. I pulled over and went behind the car to smell the smoke and it definitely smelled like burning oil. then I opened the hood and pulled up the dipstick and WHAT THE HELL!

Oil started squirting out the dipstick tube like a fountain about 1 foot into the air and all over the engine. so i ran over and turned the engine off. It only came out with a lot of pressure for only seconds, then calmed down and im not sure if it kept coming out or not because i was already in the car turning off the engine. anyway, the oil was coming out with pressure.

after cleaning the oil off the engine as best as i could, i took a reading from the dipstick and found that there was still oil measured, however I had lost about 1/2 a quart by my estimation.

I started the car, let it idle for about 2 minutes and noticed no more smoke from the exhaust. Got into the car again and drove away about 10 miles till i got to my parents house, put it in the garage and shutt it off.

I have now driven it about another 20 miles to see if i could recreate any problems and have not been able to. I added some more oil (about 1/2 quart) and every indication is normal.

What the hell happened? Has anyone seen this before?

Specs: 2001 Audi A6 2.7T w/ 112,000 miles running castrol syntec 0w30 synthetic oil. changed 5k miles ago. Bocsh oil filter.

Thanks to all who reply!

Old 12-13-2005, 07:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Oil just squirted out of dipstick tube like a FOUNTAIN!!!!!

Oil squirting like that indicates something causing excess pressure in your crankcase which is usually caused by bad piston ring(s). White smoke on the other hand is coolant leaking into the combustion chamber through a blown head gasket. Although blue smoke would be burning oil, which could mean bad piston rings.