Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old Vag-Com software and Vista work around

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 01:17 AM
3rd Gear
Default Old Vag-Com software and Vista work around

I am not sure where to post this so I will post it here. I know the newest version works with Vista but I have no intention of buying a new cable and software if I don't have to. Since installing a fresh copy of Windows Vista on my tablet pc I have been unable to run Vag-Com 3.11. I use 3.11 because I have an old "dumb" cable that only works with 3.11 and 409.? After much trial and error, I have come up with a work around that seems to work.

1st install Microsoft .Net framework 1.1
2nd install Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT 5.0)
3rd run Compatibility Administrator (run as administrator by right clicking and select run as administrator)
4th select Fix
5th follow the onscreen prompts. You are basically setting up a shell to run the vag com program through.
6th select run

It is a little more involved than I listed above, if you want more assistance email me. Jeffla@comcast.net

Old 02-07-2007, 07:46 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Old Vag-Com software and Vista work around

Hey Jeffla...good troubleshooting...Just as an FYI to the forum, I work at Microsoft as an engineer and if you need support in this area (Vag-Com software and Vista compatibility) I have the resources and traction to resolve these issues. Just as a note...If you are going to escalate your issue, please include the following information.

Version of Vista...home premium or enterprise
Version of Vag-Com software
Types of Cables used etc.

Basically, the more pertinent information you provide, the easier it will be to resolve.

BTW-- I charge one million dollars each escalation..pinky in corner of mouth...HAHAHAHA

Old 02-08-2007, 03:25 PM
3rd Gear

Hey prbayha you should look up my account with microsoft tech support and help me. I can't not get Live OneCare to backup to my NAS. I'm sure someday it will get resolved though

Jeff LaFleur
Vista Home Premium

Old 08-22-2007, 07:45 PM
1st Gear

hey do i have to run this through compatibility admin every time now or will it run in the shell by itself? i could figure it out by trial and error but my cable is still in the mail