Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P2296 fuel pressure regulator, P119a fuel pressure sensor *almost fixed*

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 04:32 PM
1st Gear
Default P2296 fuel pressure regulator, P119a fuel pressure sensor *fixed*

[Yesterday]
I took it to an Independent shop. They scanned the codes and they took the upper intake manifold off to get a better look at things. I'm leaving it overnight because they broke a coolant hose and they want to replace it properly tomorrow because it's pressurized. I havent payed yet in case it needs some gaskets or seals. They said its kind of good that its broken though because it gives them more room to work. The codes they got were: P2296 Fuel Prssure Regulator Valve Short to Plus - 29 times , P119A Fuel pressure Sensor - intermittent, and misfire on cylinder 3 that only happened once. They are going to focus on the fault that happened a lot instead of the intermittent ones and since the cylinder 3 misfire only happened once they dont think that is an issue. They showed me a wire cover leading to the fuel pressure regulator that was hard and they said it could be cracked causing 2 wires inside to transfer electricity to eachother, or it may not be connected properly. So they are going to check that before reccomending a new fuel pump. They said i'm doing a good job because last time I brought it in it had 12 faults. Since then I had 2 oil changes, oil filter, fuel filter, new intake runner valve, seafoamed intake, and had the throttle body manually cleaned out. The codes i had from the throttle body went away after the cleaning but it is still making a rattling sound. We are going to ignore that for now since it's not giving us a code. He's going to call me in the morning after they find out more. He said he only likes to use OEM parts and that they can be very expensive., I told him i might want to bring my own parts since i can get them cheap from a junkyard and he said he would call around and see what he can find. He said if i bring my own throttle body it will be 150 for labor because its easy to put on but just an expensive part. If it's the fuel pump i might be able to get one of those too and I think he ruled out the sensor based on the fact that it was an intermittent fault. - With the upper intake manifold off we got to check the gaskets and look inside to see if carbon was an issue. You could still see the metal on he runners so he said it's not that bad. I don't know if the seafoam had something to do with that or if the previous owner had it cleaned out. they showed me where everything was and how it worked. it was a good learning experience.

i called today and he said the problem is electrical. they found some broken wires leading to the fuel pump. they repaired the wires but havent gotten a chance to run it yet to see if the faults go away. ill update this when he gets back to me

Edit: *Fixed*

The wiring to the fuel pressure regulator which is under the fuel pump were bad. They cut the end off and redid the harness and now all my codes are gone. the misfire is gone. no more fuel pressure sensor code. I took it to an independent shop in phoenix az

Attached Thumbnails P2296 fuel pressure regulator, P119a fuel pressure sensor *almost fixed*-page1.jpg   P2296 fuel pressure regulator, P119a fuel pressure sensor *almost fixed*-page2.jpg   P2296 fuel pressure regulator, P119a fuel pressure sensor *almost fixed*-intake-valves.jpg   P2296 fuel pressure regulator, P119a fuel pressure sensor *almost fixed*-manifold.jpg   P2296 fuel pressure regulator, P119a fuel pressure sensor *almost fixed*-without-upper-intake.jpg  

Last edited by GCA6; 12-16-2016 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:33 PM
1st Gear

hey what symptoms did you have?