Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performace question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Default Performace question?

Hello, I'm new to the forum and also new to Audi as a whole. I just purchased a 2K7 3.2L A6. I was wondering if there is a chip or an ECU flash that would give me more performance out of the 3.2L engine. I also want to lower my car. Which springs are best for the look without killing the ride quality[sm=shades.gif]

Old 12-11-2006, 04:26 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Performace question?

I don't know if any ECU chips have been developed for the 3.2 engine yet, but I can tell you that the gains are/would be minimal. Naturally aspirated engines do not lend themselves to the sort of modifications that turbocharged engines do. Where as you may see a 20-25% performance boost when chipping a 2.7T, I've never seen gains of more than 10-15 HP (<5%) ever discussed when chipping a naturally aspirated engine.

Similar, small gains can be had through exhaust/air intake mods, but the cold hard reality is that the overall gains you will see have a MUCH lower gain/dollar as compared to a turbocharged engine.

Your money might be better spent on a nice set of coilovers and some H-sport sway bars. Will give you better performance and confidence in the turns even if the straight line performance is unchanged.

Good luck.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: SouthboroAudiGuy

I don't know if any ECU chips have been developed for the 3.2 engine yet, but I can tell you that the gains are/would be minimal. Naturally aspirated engines do not lend themselves to the sort of modifications that turbocharged engines do. Where as you may see a 20-25% performance boost when chipping a 2.7T, I've never seen gains of more than 10-15 HP (<5%) ever discussed when chipping a naturally aspirated engine.

Similar, small gains can be had through exhaust/air intake mods, but the cold hard reality is that the overall gains you will see have a MUCH lower gain/dollar as compared to a turbocharged engine.

Your money might be better spent on a nice set of coilovers and some H-sport sway bars. Will give you better performance and confidence in the turns even if the straight line performance is unchanged.

Good luck.
Thanks for your reply. I really don't want to throw my money away on things that don't really do much. But the suspension upgrades are a must.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:43 PM
2nd Gear

Better performance, get a 4.2

Old 12-12-2006, 03:53 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: mykmar10

Hello, I'm new to the forum and also new to Audi as a whole. I just purchased a 2K7 3.2L A6. I was wondering if there is a chip or an ECU flash that would give me more performance out of the 3.2L engine. I also want to lower my car. Which springs are best for the look without killing the ride quality[sm=shades.gif]
If they don't have anything yet, I'm sure APR or Giac Is working on It.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:39 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 03A6TurboChris

They can work all they want. The fact remains that they will not be able to milk that much more performance out of a naturally aspirated engine.

Dollars will be better spend on suspension and wheels.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:10 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: SouthboroAudiGuy

They can work all they want. The fact remains that they will not be able to milk that much more performance out of a naturally aspirated engine.

Dollars will be better spend on suspension and wheels.
I never said that they will add alot more power. I wouldn't touch my wheels or suspension, If I wanted a better handling lowered car I would just drive my Vette every day. I bought the Audi for comfort, luxury and the Awd. The most I'll do Is an APR chip and Giac tip chip, otherwise for me It's just a waist of money unless this thing can pull 1G & run atleast low 12's. Anything less feels slow to me. I may only do the tip chip because I will not race this car, I would like some quicker shifts though as I never leave It In auto. This Is a great car, It Is my everyday driver & I'm very happy with It.

Old 12-14-2006, 04:34 AM
1st Gear

is JET, pretty good for audi's?

Old 12-14-2006, 05:55 AM
2nd Gear

I would just drive my Vette every day.
namedroping are we now eh?