Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VAST Performace tip review for the 2.7t

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 04:56 PM
1st Gear
Default VAST Performace tip review for the 2.7t

I have been on deployment for several months and the excitement of modding my car has been almost too much.

I always thought the tip trans was a great unit and the biggest difference in performance (other than gear raito) compaired to a 6 speed was the laggy shift from the trans it self.

from day 1 I was interested in getting more out of the car and the trans has always been the weak link. the only choise in the past for the tcu was GIAC and although a little better than stock and imho a must for anyone with a 2.7t espically if you are chipped. it was just not enough performance for the money so I never really was abig fan of telling people the Needed to get one.

ok so long story short. after hearing about the new trans stuff from vast and my great experence with them in the past. I purchsed the stage 3 tip tcu file.....ok night and day difference the car feels faster in gear if that is even possible. when you put in the new file you know there is a difference a complete transformation. I have been driving the car just so I can enjot the shifts. the car seems to be more in line with the performance of the ecu now.

imho if you have a performance file for your car you would be silly to not get a tcu file. after rideing in my friends S4 with a tip stage 3 full built from level 10 we both agree my trans shifts faster and cleaner than his dose with his modifyed valve body

Old 02-04-2008, 07:33 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: VAST Performace tip review for the 2.7t

Deffinitly a night and day difference. This is the thing us tip guys have been looking for. This starts to help keep us up with the 6 speeds.

glad to here people are getting more out of there tips now this tech is long over due

Old 02-05-2008, 12:22 AM
1st Gear

You guys can never beat the 6 speed

Old 02-05-2008, 12:59 AM
1st Gear

Possibly not but they are working on itSo that in it self is something to worry about

Old 02-05-2008, 01:26 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cr!mz

You guys can never beat the 6 speed
QFT

Old 02-05-2008, 01:31 AM
1st Gear

i beta chipped tip will beat a 6-speed if the owner of the 6-speed doesn't have the driver mod!

anyways, that's great to hear. i've just recently been in contact with the guys up there, and i'm planning on at least ECU and TCU files, possibly a few more things, just depends on how i'm feeling while i'm there i guess (and how my wallet's feeling!). i'm glad to hear that so many people like it so much, just makes me want it that much more.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:15 AM
1st Gear

I still find it funny that the preffered performance trans in these cars is the 6-speed. In the LSx world, people looking for straight line performance hands down pick the auto trans.

The consistency of the trans and its ability to hold boost between shifts (something no manual can do) should make it the hands down performance favorite. I'm just gald to see more and better options coming out.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

I just got the tip ECU and I love it. This car is so much funner to drive and it feels faster too.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:36 PM
1st Gear

Frank HA HA I knew you were going to get one after the ride in my car I knew it. Nice but now we can't race untill I get all my other VAST go fast parts

Old 02-06-2008, 10:14 PM

Hey where do you buy this could you post a link please?

Quick Reply: VAST Performace tip review for the 2.7t