Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance questions after major repairs

Old 03-10-2013, 02:46 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation Performance questions after major repairs

Hi all, I am new to the forums here, and am curious as to my Audi A6 2.7T Quarttro.

I recently had to have the original engine swapped out with a lower mileage used engine (this was because I got the red oil pressure of death). The work was done by the third party dealer I purchased the vehicle from. Needless to say, they fucked up the torque converter either taking out the engine or putting it back in. It was taken to TRC (Transmission Remanufacturing Company) here in Kent, WA, where, first they rebuilt the transmission, then still not satisfied with the performance, they decided to also replace the torque converter with a new one. Needless to say after the new torque converter was placed in, it was deemed fixed, and shipped back to me here in Everett, WA.

I have been driving the vehicle for about a month now, and have noticed some things. I am curious if after all these repairs, if any of the mechanics would have used the vag com and ElsaWin to tune out the car or if this would even been necessary. I know for a fact the third party dealer doesn't have a equipment necessary to vag com the car. I was told TCR had a vag com, and that is how they figured out it was the torque converter.

So, my main question is, is there any of you here, in these forums, that live close to Everett, WA, have a vag com, and mobile ElsaWin (I managed to get ElsaWin, however it is on my desktop as I don't own a laptop) and would be willing to meet up, and help me with some of these issues.

Please feel free to PM me, and we can go from there. Thank you to all of you diy'ers and enthusiasts before hand.

Last edited by SirDarwin; 03-10-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: change title