Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP!!!! Im in Panic mode cel

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 11:52 PM
1st Gear
Default PLEASE HELP!!!! Im in Panic mode cel

hi i have a 2000 a6 2.7 T i was on the highway and the check engine light started flashing, when i got off the highway the car was running kinda rough, got to my house and there is this noise under the hood somwhere, the only way i can describe it is kinda like a loud fluttering noise, i have recently replaced the o2 sensors and the blow off valves along with some vacum lines, my check engine light was on steady which my mechanic read the code as trac control abs module? i dont know what this new problem could be and after just dumping a bunch of dough into the other repairs i am really worried now, anybody have a clue as to what this could be? i appreciate any help i could get

Old 12-16-2012, 12:06 AM
1st Gear

The code your mechanic read probably means your abs module is bad. Happens to audi abs modules all of the time. There are many companies that rebuild them for around $150. A flashing CEL though indicates a misfire or engine knock. If you are still having a flashing CEL get someone to scan the codes with vagcom to tell you what cylinders are misfiring.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:24 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by crazyquik22023
The code your mechanic read probably means your abs module is bad. Happens to audi abs modules all of the time. There are many companies that rebuild them for around $150. A flashing CEL though indicates a misfire or engine knock. If you are still having a flashing CEL get someone to scan the codes with vagcom to tell you what cylinders are misfiring.
yea funny you mention that he did tell me about a comp here in mass that rebuilds them, as far as the misfire what do you think that fluttering noise could be? any ideas?

Old 12-16-2012, 12:49 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by A6mark
yea funny you mention that he did tell me about a comp here in mass that rebuilds them, as far as the misfire what do you think that fluttering noise could be? any ideas?
Ya there are a few companies that do it.. You just remove the electrical module from your car and send it in and they will send it back to you in perfect working order. Your ABS light is on and the brake light is blinking too correct? As far as a flutter is this at idle you hear this flutter or when give it gas and let off? If it is when you let of gas it is probably a broken vacuum line on one of the bypass valves for the turbo or something is causing the air to be pushed back out through the compressor of the turbos causing flutter.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:55 AM
1st Gear

Ya there are a few companies that do it.. You just remove the electrical module from your car and send it in and they will send it back to you in perfect working order. Your ABS light is on and the brake light is blinking too correct? As far as a flutter is this at idle you hear this flutter or when give it gas and let off? If it is when you let of gas it is probably a broken vacuum line on one of the bypass valves for the turbo or something is causing the air to be pushed back out through the compressor of the turbos causing flutter.
i dont have an abs or blinking brake light on mechanic says the module is not comunicating and needs to be rebuilt.... as far as the noise i can hear it at an idle and it gets louder and faster as i step on the gas

Old 12-16-2012, 01:05 AM
1st Gear

i dont have an abs or blinking brake light on mechanic says the module is not comunicating and needs to be rebuilt.... as far as the noise i can hear it at an idle and it gets louder and faster as i step on the gas
Hmm if your abs and brake light aren't on then the module is probably not the issue. It would help if your mechanic gave you the code number it was showing. Then it would be much easier to diagnoise. As far as flutter Ive never heard of a turbo fluttering at idle. Are you sure its a flutter? This is what I consider a flutter
If it sounds like this or not I would check over all of your vaccum lines and diverter valve (BOV) hoses, and make sure there are not leaks.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:18 AM
1st Gear

Hmm if your abs and brake light aren't on then the module is probably not the issue. It would help if your mechanic gave you the code number it was showing. Then it would be much easier to diagnoise. As far as flutter Ive never heard of a turbo fluttering at idle. Are you sure its a flutter? This is what I consider a flutter Audi S4 2.2 20vt MTM 303 - turbo flutter - YouTube If it sounds like this or not I would check over all of your vaccum lines and diverter valve (BOV) hoses, and make sure there are not leaks.
it sounds somthing like that but kid of reversed mine gets louder as i give it gas, i did just have both blow off valves replaced about 3 weeks ago

Old 12-16-2012, 01:19 AM
1st Gear

it sounds somthing like that but kid of reversed mine gets louder as i give it gas, i did just have both blow off valves replaced about 3 weeks ago
I would check the vacuum lines going to the bov's. I would bet one of them fell off or is broken. That could possibly also be the cause of the flashing CEL.

Last edited by crazyquik22023; 12-16-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:26 AM
1st Gear

I would check the vacuum lines going to the bov's. I would bet one of them fell off or is broken.
yea i will do that in the daylight, and i hope it's nothing major,i can tell you when i went for my sticker they wouldnt pass it, they said there was no communication from the abs,so my mechanic took it to his shop removed the module and brought it back and it passed?

Old 12-16-2012, 01:38 AM
1st Gear

yea i will do that in the daylight, and i hope it's nothing major,i can tell you when i went for my sticker they wouldnt pass it, they said there was no communication from the abs,so my mechanic took it to his shop removed the module and brought it back and it passed?
That really doesn't make any sense.. I've never heard of an abs module being bad without an ABS and brake light lit. And if your saying ur mechanic took the abs module out and then made it pass with no abs module connected that makes 0 sense haha

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP!!!! Im in Panic mode cel