Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help me

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Default please help me

Hello everyone I am new here.. Hopefully someone can help me ill start from last night when the problem started.. 1st off I have an Audi A6 QUattro 1998 Automatic with the tiptronic (99k miles).. So last night im riding to Hooters to have dinner.. Noticed lately the car has been jerking a little bit like maybe it needs a tune up or something.. Anyways when im finished with hooters I go out and start my car and it has this horrible whine that sounds like a power steering pump that has no fluid but it was coming from the torque converter.. Anyways I go to drive and the car will not move.. And is going into safe mode and shutting off.. I can get it to go maybe 5 miles per hour.. Anyways I get the car towed to my friend who is a semi mechanic but doesnt know audi real well and he says lets check the tranny fluid.. He drains it and it is completely black and he puts some new fluid in.. I turn the car on and it still is whining but now drives and is not in safe mode.. So I drive it home 10 min later I got to run to the corner store start the car and the car is doind the same thing again and will not move.. Can anyone help me and have any idea what this could be.. I really find it hard to belive the tranny is bad with under 100k miles on the car.. Could this be some kind of wiring or sensor problem? Please any help would be appreciated.. thank you [align=right][/align]

Old 08-05-2007, 07:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: please help me

Sounds like the torque converter is on its way out...not unheard of in Audi tips.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:53 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: please help me

while double posts are never good, try posting this in the tech section. There are many talented people there with great advice